MK11 LP High Flow Ports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jafo19D

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Dumb question so please bear with me.

The MK11 has 2 HP port and 4 LP ports. 2 off the LP ports are regular and the other two are high flow.

My second stage is connected to one of the high flows and the octo directly beneath it on a regular LP port. The 2nd LP high flow port is on the opposite side of the barrel so I couldn’t put the octo there.

I’m guessing that because of mechanical design it wasn’t possible to have the 2 high flow ports next to each other but why even bother putting a second high flow port on the opposite side? Only thing I can think of is that it could be for an Air2. Right now the second high flow port is used for the bcd.

The MK11 has 2 HP port and 4 LP ports. 2 off the LP ports are regular and the other two are high flow.

My second stage is connected to one of the high flows and the octo directly beneath it on a regular LP port. The 2nd LP high flow port is on the opposite side of the barrel so I couldn’t put the octo there.

I’m guessing that because of mechanical design it wasn’t possible to have the 2 high flow ports next to each other but why even bother putting a second high flow port on the opposite side? Only thing I can think of is that it could be for an Air2. Right now the second high flow port is used for the bcd.
They both flow more air than you can use, gimmick more than anything.

So you will always have a high flow port on the right side for your primary second stage should you choose to connect the first stage upside down on the tank valve.

Perhaps I can buy few more precious sec if the LP hose(attached to low flow port):wink: rupture.

I still have couple old Apeks 1st stages with 1/2" LP port!

I suspect the same thing. My second stage is a C370. I really like it but when I played with the airflow lever I couldn’t tell the difference; it was very easy to breathe in either direction. Perhaps kind of a gimmick as well.

I suspect the same thing. My second stage is a C370. I really like it but when I played with the airflow lever I couldn’t tell the difference; it was very easy to breathe in either direction. Perhaps kind of a gimmick as well.
The main thing the lever does is disrupt the air flow in a freeflow situation to assist the regulator is ending the freeflow, in use it’s very hard to tell between “dive” and “predive” it is harder to feel any difference on the other SP’s with the viva.

The main thing the lever does is disrupt the air flow in a freeflow situation to assist the regulator is ending the freeflow, in use it’s very hard to tell between “dive” and “predive” it is harder to feel any difference on the other SP’s with the viva.
Yeah. There’s the predive lever then there’s the airflow adjustment. On one dive I even purposely left in predive and couldn’t tell the difference either. It’s a smooth reg and even barrel rolling and diving face up it didn’t breathe wet; the DM did give me the WTF signal though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom