Air testing comparison

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curious_George

Green water guy
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My compressor is up and running and I’m interested to test the air. I have found various threads calling out different service suppliers such as these:
1. Lawrence Factor in Florida
2. Trace Analytics in Texas
3. TRI in Texas
4. Analytical Chemists, Inc. in California
5. Galson Labs in Hawaii

It also appears there are at least a couple methods such as filling a small cylinder or dragger tubes. I’ve found very little easy to figure out info on cost or which tests are better.

Here are my questions: Those of you that have home compressors and had air tested recently, would you share how much you paid and how long the entire process took? I’m also interested in thoughts from anyone with opinions about one type of test vs. another.

thanks!

i have been using trace analytics for years they even rebuilt my equipment i bought second hand for FREE ...... using them since ...i sent out 2 samples to two different people (the one here in canada was 300 hundred trace was 35 us ) they came out he same .....ill never change

My compressor is up and running and I’m interested to test the air. I have found various threads calling out different service suppliers such as these:
1. Lawrence Factor in Florida
2. Trace Analytics in Texas
3. TRI in Texas
4. Analytical Chemists, Inc. in California
5. Galson Labs in Hawaii

It also appears there are at least a couple methods such as filling a small cylinder or dragger tubes. I’ve found very little easy to figure out info on cost or which tests are better.

Here are my questions: Those of you that have home compressors and had air tested recently, would you share how much you paid and how long the entire process took? I’m also interested in thoughts from anyone with opinions about one type of test vs. another.

thanks!
You want the type filling a cylinder and at a high rate near the end of your filters' life.

You want the type filling a cylinder and at a high rate near the end of your filters' life.

Well, thanks for the partial answer. Are you not actively running a compressor or getting the air tested with some frequency?

How about when was your last test, how many cfm per month are you pumping, how much did it cost and what company did it?

I used these guys for my first test when I built my compressor and filtration system.

Safety Lab Plus, Inc.

I had anticipated at most 2x yearly (beginning and midpoint) of our dive season (<6 months), a bare minimum of the start of the season. Pandemic shut me down, so I never tested the second time. Now it is time to start up again...

I was pleased with them. They send you everything you need to connect to your compressor, sample, and return.

I used to work in a lab in Canada that did this type of testing. I know of the methods used by the first 3 on your list so I'll give my opinion just on those. I would go with Lawrence Factor.

The other 2 I know nothing about them or their methods so I can't say.

i have been using trace analytics for years they even rebuilt my equipment i bought second hand for FREE ...... using them since ...i sent out 2 samples to two different people (the one here in canada was 300 hundred trace was 35 us ) they came out he same .....ill never change

You get what you pay for. Canadian labs have to pay Canadian wages and Canadian taxes and meet stricter Canadian standards, such the ability to identify and quantify contaminants over 1ppm and using a method described in the Z180 and Z275 standard.

You're happy with Trace? Fantastic. In the end if all you really are looking for is that piece of paper, then have at 'er.

i knew the guy who did the OUC air testing program , (i could have bought all the st equipment when he got out if it ) so dont talk down to me the tests from the 300 dollar lab (as the documents said )was exactly the same as as trace , i have been involved with air testing for over 35 years , and seen alot of documents from lots of labs

i knew the guy who did the OUC air testing program , (i could have bought all the st equipment when he got out if it ) so dont talk down to me the tests from the 300 dollar lab (as the documents said )was exactly the same as as trace , i have been involved with air testing for over 35 years , and seen alot of documents from lots of labs
I was in the business so I'll talk to you however I want. Trace is not the same as the $300 lab.

wow you sure think alot of yourself ....the data is the data .....not sure how you dont get that ........ perfect avatar guy by the way

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom