Car ferry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Augustus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just returned from a trip to mainland. Previously we always had no problems showing up an hour or so before departure. Be aware that the slimmed down crossings mean you need to arrive 3 or more hours before departure a d even then you can miss the boat. You can make reservations 24 hours or longer to secure a spot and arrive an hour or so ahead of time. Does cost more but worth it. Just fyi

I'm not about to try the car ferry, but for those who will...
  • Are there still two companies carrying cars across?
  • Can you give links to their schedues?
  • How about links to reservations?
  • What are the costs anyway?
Thanks

Two companies ultrmar and trancaribe. You can let google give you link. The cost yesterday was 700 pesos without reservation. 1000 with reservation. Once again you have to makereservations 24 hours or more in advance. Not sure how the system willwork with us credit cards. Looks like rental cars are ok

Two companies ultrmar and trancaribe. You can let google give you link. The cost yesterday was 700 pesos without reservation. 1000 with reservation. Once again you have to makereservations 24 hours or more in advance. Not sure how the system willwork with us credit cards. Looks like rental cars are ok
But you can cross as a passenger for much less.

But you can cross as a passenger for much less.
Sure, but he offered a thread for those who need to take a vehicle.

The wait times will vary depending on the day, time and company. Last week I showed up 2.5 hours early for Transcaribe, but 1.5 hours would have been sufficient. 3 days later I showed up 2 hours early and again, 1.5 hours would have worked.
Showed up 2 hours early on Friday for Ultramar and 1 hour would have been fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom