Sidemount Rebreather Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gone for diving

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have more information on the sidemount rebreather that appears to have a single hose ( looks like the breathing hoses are inside of each other)
It is a design that I have thought to make as well.... but it usually seems like someone already has stole my ideas :).
Love to have more info...

Attachments

• c5674d16af7137f1e44de2cb81300769.jpg
    c5674d16af7137f1e44de2cb81300769.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 98
Does anyone have more information on the sidemount rebreather that appears to have a single hose ( looks like the breathing hoses are inside of each other)
It is a design that I have thought to make as well.... but it usually seems like someone already has stole my ideas :).

Well, I may be wrong, but I find there's something familiar there. The Joky was designed for cave diving explorations, either as a backmount or sidemount rebreather. Xavier Méniscus uses it on all his explorations.

Yes but that's got 2 separate external hoses...
In the picture it's quite obvious that there is only one hose visible... and if you look close it looks like there is a smaller hole farther in the housing... I assume it is the port for the inside hose....

You know best. It was just a hunch. :wink:

Could not remember others, with coaxial breathing hoses.
Just little more about this Дайвинг в Санкт–Петербурге :: Просмотр темы - Ребризеры на Dive Show - 2016 or Нюансы конфигурирования сайдмаунт ребризера - Страница 8 - Форум Тетис

More pictures that's great... to bad I can't read Russian.... :wink: (grandma could speak it)..
so I am slightly confused... is the outer hose the counterlung? Or is there a counterlung in the main tube? (Doesn't seem like enough room) or are they both counterlung? Seems if the out hose was a lung it would improve breathing in more positions...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom