Looking for a dive shop in Grace Bay, Turks & Caicos. Is Provo any good? Leaving in 12 days.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BradMM

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is Provo any good? Leaving in 12 days
Sorry about the title.... I messed up :)

Dive Provo, Big Blue Unlimited, Provo turtle Divers and Flamingo Divers all get good reviews- I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Thanks!!!

caicos adventures. just got back a couple weeks ago. nicest dive boat i've been on, even the bathroom was impressive. David the DM is great all day everyday! we spent a week diving with them. PM me for any more info (and for who NOT to dive with)

Dive Provo is great! It is the closest you will find to a Live Aboard in TCI. Dive Provo was my introduction to "Valet service diving". At the end of the day, put all of your gear into your mesh gear bag & leave it on the boat. The crew will take it and rinse & dry it over night. The next morning, gather at the dive shop & they will transport you to the boat where your gear will be waiting for you.

The one big drawback is that most of the dive sites require close to an hour transit time to get to them from Provo (Grace Bay) but that would be a factor for any of the dive ops in Grace Bay.

Hi @BradMM

My son and I also spent a week with Caicos Adventures, a great trip. Caicos Cat is a large, fast catamaran, very comfortable. It leaves from the south, trips to West Caicos 35-40 min, French Cay a bit longer. I would use them again.

Big Blue Unlimited here. Excellent experience.

@BradMM looks like you got a few responses from a variety of us who have dealt with a few different dives shops and we appear to have all had good experiences with whatever shop we have used.

That is great news! It means that "they" are doing it right in Provo! Given how pleased everyone seems to be, I would say pick the dive shop that is the most convenient and you will likely have a great time.

Enjoy your trip. One quick note though if this is your first trip to TCI, many of the dives can be a bit "sharky". Don't be surprised if you see sharks (Caribbean Reef Sharks & Nurse Sharks) almost every day. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom