PayPal dispute?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd go ahead and file with Paypal -- since it was in the picture, it is reasonable to believe that is what you were buying. And next time I would verify in writing before buying.

"Photo" without the words "as seen" in the text should be treated very careful.
Nope. Photos are the real thing...

Selling Items on Facebook Marketplace | Facebook Marketplace

Take your own photos

Avoid using photos of items that you don't own or haven't taken yourself. Most buyers can recognize when an image has been borrowed and repurposed from another website. Build trust with potential buyers by taking your own authentic, original and up-to-date photos.

It's best practice to leave nothing to the imagination. Show potential buyers what your item looks like up close, from far away, on all sides and from multiple angles. Depending on what you’re selling, you may want to place it in front of a simple background or display it in an environment that potential buyers can relate to, such as a grill on a patio. If there's any imperfections, show that in the photos. Remember, the right photos can help you build trust with interested buyers and sell your item quicker.

I'm gonna guess that you have to make the decision whether you would rather own it without the Air2 or would rather send it back and get your money back.

I am just going to keep it. Seems dishonest to show it in the picture and not include in the listing it does not come with the air 2. I have bought tons of gear and should have asked just to make sure.

I am just going to keep it. Seems dishonest to show it in the picture and not include in the listing it does not come with the air 2. I have bought tons of gear and should have asked just to make sure.

I disagree. If you or anyone posts a picture that should be what's being sold unless explicitly saying "______ not included". I'm not asking every single seller "is the bag included that's in the picture? The gloves, the mask? What about the pull cord, etc. That would get old.

What you experienced was a bait and switch...I would fight it just out of principal. Super shady on the sellers part. They took pictures and then deliberately removed a piece.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom