Scubapro Go trim pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RCB1882

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone here have experience with these? I've used less elegant solutions in the past, including threading a small weight through the upper tank strap and, more recently, putting a 2# ankle weight around my tank valve.

In looking at where these are mounted (see picture below), my initial concern is that they're pretty close to where the integrated weight pouches are located (i.e., essentially just below where the zippered pocket is in the image) and so it's not clear to me that they'll actually make a difference. If it's relevant, I'm usually carrying 4 or 5# in each pocket.

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 11.30.32 AM.png

Are you asking about trim weight pouches/pockets in general or the Scubapro Go in particular? I've never seen the latter, but I do use weight pouches on the waist belt of my BP/W setup and they work fine. They will also thread onto a cam strap. XS Scuba has several inexpensive options - Weights — XS Scuba - Everything For The Perfect Dive

I just googled the Scubapro Go pockets. 1kg max weight, $60 for a pair? That's crazy.

Are talking about trim Weight to get you to the horizontal degree of your choice or are we talking about needing to add enough weight to sink the amount of neoprene necessary for Chilly Willy Michigan diving?

For tank trim weights, I just thread a 2 pound hard weight on the cam strap like you do. If a diver needs a little extra weight, they can just pull it off.

Amazon has utility pockets with 2 inch web straps to attach to a belt for stupid cheap....usually a couple of bucks and in every size imaginable. Poke a couple of drain holes with a hot piece of metal for drainage and your good to go. How much weight do you need to add?

Keep in mind weight placement is as important as amount. Is it possible to raise your tank? Often a tank will sag to the middle of the divers back once they stand up with weight of the tank on the bcdthrowing the center of gravity much lower than preferred.

I see you're in Michigan. What are your favorite local dives? Pm me if you want as to not hijack the thread.

Good luck,
Jay

Thanks for the replies. I'll look at getting a pouch I can attach to my strap so as to give me better placement for trim. I can't recall why I went from threading to the tank valve weight -- it might have been a suggestion I got from a guide on a boat since the strap weight makes it a more challenging tank switching between dives. At any rate, a fun problem to be able to consider as I get ready to break my 400+ day dive-less streak here in a couple of weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom