Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquabluegreg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Little Cayman Beach Resort - September 4-11, 2021
AND
September 3-10, 2022
No Deposit Required

upload_2021-5-13_13-47-36.jpeg

We have a great package deal to one of our favorite Caribbean resorts...Little Cayman Beach Resort. Our package includes 7-nights accommodation (ocean front or pool view), three meals daily, airport transfers, 2 morning dives, FREE afternoon dives, and FREE nitrox. Plus great food, great people, and great diving. Choose a Pool View room ($1995 ppdo) or Ocean Front room ($2345 ppdo). Mention ScubaBoard, ask for our agent discount...!!

Blog Post: Liquid Diving Adventures | Little Cayman Beach Resort - Sept 4-11, 2021 - Scuba Dive Adventure

upload_2021-5-13_13-50-9.jpeg

Hi AquaBlueGreg, do you have any inside scoop on when the Cayman Islands will be open for travel without quarantine? Latest I heard was that no dates are announced yet as the threshold hasn't been reached for what Government is looking for in vaccination numbers. Would love to get back there (well, specifically to Cayman Brac, for us)! Figured I'd post in case anyone had info.

Hi Sue and Dave,

Like most places, Indonesia for example, I have heard rumours but nothing based in fact. What I have been seeing with places that are open like the Red Sea, Maldives, Bonaire, Curacao, and others...when a country gets in a rush to open then the inevitable COVID wave happens again and they close up again. Plus the other piece of the puzzle...air flights. I have a couple headed to the Maldives and in the first week after booking their LOB, their flights changed three times.

The company I work with for Little Cayman also owns Brac Beach Resort and Cobalt Coast on Grand Cayman so they have a good idea what is happening and they have no idea. Weird because I have a group of 12 in Belize right now and also folks on St Maarten for a LOB. I just don't know what is happening on the Caymans. I wish I could give you a better idea.

If it makes you feel any better, if you were to book Brac Reef Resort with us for your next trip...10% off from me.

Best regards, Greg

May 11, 2021 Update

The country of 65,000 people will reopen once they reach 70% of the total population vaccinated. Currently, 53% of the population has received full vaccination and 60% have received at least one dose. We anticipate reaching the 70% threshold between mid-June and early July.

Likely through the balance of 2021, vaccinated arrivals (proof required) will be subject to shorter (or no) quarantine(s) than unvaccinated arrivals.

Unvaccinated adults will still be required to complete a 14-night quarantine.

Non-vaccinated children, not yet eligible for vaccinations, MAY be exempted until vaccines are available, but that is a subject the Cayman Government will address when the 70% goal is met.

A Covid test will continue to be given to all arrivals upon touchdown at the airport in Cayman. Our expectations are that vaccinated arrivals will ultimately be permitted to proceed directly to their accommodations and await a negative test result (24-hour max) before release. When that will happen depends on meeting 70%.

The Cayman Government and airlines will likely require a negative Covid test within three days of travel to Grand Cayman. The US may also require a negative Covid test to return from abroad.

The issue to get to 70% is that the first dose must occur by June 9, and the second dose by June 30.

Those are the expiration dats for the vaccines they have.

No further receipt of vaccine are scheduled.

Therefore, the big push they are making, prize drawings and all.

Little Cayman Beach Resort - September 4-11, 2021
AND
September 3-10, 2022
No Deposit Required

View attachment 658964

We have a great package deal to one of our favorite Caribbean resorts...Little Cayman Beach Resort. Our package includes 7-nights accommodation (ocean front or pool view), three meals daily, airport transfers, 2 morning dives, FREE afternoon dives, and FREE nitrox. Plus great food, great people, and great diving. Choose a Pool View room ($1995 ppdo) or Ocean Front room ($2345 ppdo). Mention ScubaBoard, ask for our agent discount...!!

Blog Post: Liquid Diving Adventures | Little Cayman Beach Resort - Sept 4-11, 2021 - Scuba Dive Adventure

View attachment 658965

Hi: Any deals for a short stay in February 2023? Two divers, 4 nights.

Hi Catito,

Those were a couple of group deals we had. I will see what they offer us for a 4-night stay. I'll shoot you a note tomorrow.

Thanks for reaching out...!

Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom