2021 Bonaire roll call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5/8/21-5/15/21
FYI - VRBO owner advised me there may be restrictions from US till November.
There aren't any restrictions from the US now. It's all the airlines. Bonaire is allowing direct flights from the US.

....and, with the rapid antigen test changed for 4 hrs prior to arrival to 24 hrs. prior to departure, its totally doable from where I am....

But you need a a PCR and antigen test to get to Bonaire and a PCR test to get back to the states.

That adds about $400 to the cost (travel covid test is not by insurance) of the trip.

- Crisiswebsite van het Openbaar Lichaam Bonaire

The PCR test has to be within 72hrs of within ARRIVAL with an antigen within 24 hours of Departure or a PCR within 24 hour of departure (Rapid PCR in 1 hour). The Hard part of the 1st option is the test taken 72 hours prior to ARRIVAL. What if the plane is delayed?

Rapid PCR is doable for the 24 hours prior to Departure (runs about $200)

Price of airline tickets are still very expensive when I checked my dates in Feb.

I'm aware of that....the 72 hour PCR prior to arrival was not the show stopper from a logistical standpoint...the 4 hr prior to arrival rapid test in the U.S. was the show stopper....the cost is what it is...correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you can also get either an antigen test or a PCR Test to get back in the U.S.....

Correct, a viral test (NAAT or antigen test) to determine if you are currently infected with COVID-19 to enter US per Covid-19 Testing Required for U.S. Entry.

I thought the 4 hour was just a typo when I saw it on the entry requirement on Bonaire webpage. They left off the 2 in front.

6/5-6/12, Divi, AA BOS to CUR, solo traveler feel free to reach out if you’ll be in country. Boat dives in morning, truck and east coast tours also on the menu.

Just got back from Bonaire via Curacao and Divi Divi. Opted for the 72hr PCR from Sonora Quest (results returned in about 30 hrs) and the Antigen test in Curacao (results took about 20min). Had multiple paper copies of all forms and test results on hand.

Immigration was a breeze other than making sure our various forms and online submittals were done when they needed to.

Stayed at a VRBO, enjoyed the island without Cruise ships and a lot of people. We would up arriving the day the government downgraded to Phase 4 and Kralendijk was off.the.hook that night.

Testing through Bon Bida with the PCR for the return through Curacao via Divi Divi was smooth and results took only a few hours. Used the VeriFly app on our return and that made things smooth with respect to testing and travel clearance.

Fun time....spent 10 days there....whish I was still there. Water was a bit cloudy and we had more overcast sky's than usual, with a very healthy, daylong series of strong rain on one day.

I wonder who will be the first to go direct to Bonaire?

When............................Who......................................................Airlines.....................Where staying
June 5-12......................Scubbp................................................ AA.............................Divi Flamingo
June 30-July 7..............TurtleMoye............................................Delta........................Sand Dollar
July ~last week ............Scuba127 ............................................Delta........................?
August ~15-30..............Cpase & wife........................................?...............................?
Sept~mid .....................Scuba127 ............................................Delta.........................?
Sept 22-Oct 2...............DustyC and Fiancé...............................AA............................Sand Dollar
Oct 2-9.........................Curious George and buddies...............Delta..........................Buddy Dive Tec week
Oct 2-16.......................AdivingBel & wife.................................?.................................Beachcomber Villas
Oct 9-23.......................Griffin....................................................United cancelled.......Captain Don’s
Nov 20-27.................... Hethen57 and wife...............................?................................Den Laman
Nov 28 - Dec 12...........DiveFans & husband............................United........................Port Bonaire
Dec18-Jan 1.................Cricket Minnesota, wife, and son.........Sun Country..............Sea Dream Bonaire

June 29th to July 10th AA/ Divi over Curacao there Divi/ JetBlue back Villa Aventura There's 10 of us coming from the East Coast of the US and The Netherlands. This is a redo from 52 weeks prior.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom