New New Englander to the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi there!

My wife and I started diving in 2017 - she made the mistake of asking me what I wanted to do for my birthday. We did our OW cert dives at Cape Ann, followed by a trip to Oahu with some diving that summer, and Bonaire that fall. We've tried to make Bonaire a regular thing, she's been on a liveaboard in the Maldives, and I was in Dauin just before the pandemic took hold. We had a very bad experience at the Isles of Shoals last summer that made us nervous about the water, so we're working our way back in.

Isle of shoals is tough diving. Did you get swept away or down?

welcome to the board. Former Mainiac here, I just applied fir a job in Pocasset.

Welcome from a local

Welcome
I already saw England one day I hope to see New England

Isle of shoals is tough diving. Did you get swept away or down?

welcome to the board. Former Mainiac here, I just applied fir a job in Pocasset.

So that's where you are Frank? Good to hear from you.

To Andy in New England--welcome to the Board, I grew up in Marblehead but made my way down south. I have dived the Cape a little, Fort Wetherill in Rhode Island, and on the CHESTER POLING wreck off Gloucester (which I recommend) but first you might google the Coast Guard Board of Investigation of her splitting in two in January 1977 and sinking in horrible (and under-predicted) January weather. The rescue was harrowing, but the Coast Guard saved six out of seven crew, and nearly lost a 40' patrol boat in the process. There are a couple of pages in that report where you should put on a heavy coat and wool hat before reading--it will make you feel cold even on your living room couch. Another description here: The Wreck of the Chester Polling

If you ever make it down to the Gulf South, consider liveaboard diving offshore in the Flower Garden National Marine Sanctuary, nearby Stetson Bank too. Frank can tell you all about it, for years he owned and ran the liveaboards out there, and taught me a lot.

Welcome to SB and to New England diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom