Personal pet peeve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don’t do third world, period. US and Canada (since I can drive). Friends have tried to get me to go to MX to dive the cenotes? :rofl3: No way. I always considered MX to be the red headed bastard stepchild of NAFTA. I’ve had enough bad experiences over many years with MX that are work-related (international shipping/customs issues) that I have no desire to ever set foot in the country

Hahahaha. You know that the US has so many beautiful places to go to and dive, one doesn't need to go outside the US. If I had the time and money, I'd love to go back to US and just drive all around the east and west costs to dive.

Hahahaha. You know that the US has so many beautiful places to go to and dive, one doesn't need to go outside the US. If I had the time and money, I'd love to go back to US and just drive all around the east and west costs to dive.

Haha. Don’t like flyover country? I love my Great Lakes.

Haha. Don’t like flyover country? I love my Great Lakes.

I don't like to listen to people talk over their phones in US airports.

The Great Lakes are a must do for me. Perhaps on the way to WA from MA I visit the Great Lakes :)

I don't like to listen to people talk over their phones in US airports.

The Great Lakes are a must do for me. Perhaps on the way to WA from MA I visit the Great Lakes :)
Sure, a day or two should be enough time :wink:

Airport pet peeve - aside from some already mentioned, people occupy a lounge seat with their backpacks/purses when the airport is very busy.

My airport pet peeve: "Please don't stand until your group is called." Everybody stands and crowds the gate.

Sitting in an airport and being forced to listen to both sides of a conversation on speakerphone ... or FaceTime... or someone watching a movie or playing a game on their device without using a headset ...
Not really fair to call it a pet peeve. That's just people with bad/no manners being jerks. Even people who do that themselves get bothered when someone else does it.

..and it's not just airports. I've seen people do it in shopping malls, restaurants, you name it. Assholes abound.

Here's mine - when the passengers all clap when the plane lands.... IDIOTS!!

:rofl3:

What if the landing was in strong crosswind and the plane is coming in at an angle... and everyone can feel and hear the wind buffeting the plane? Then the pilot straightens out the plane at the last second and the landing is smooth? Doesn't that deserve recognition?

My airport pet peeve: "Please don't stand until your group is called." Everybody stands and crowds the gate.

I've experienced this twice where people for the next flight block the gate to the point where people who are legitimately needing to board can't get through.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom