Galapagos 96 hr covid test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Disco King

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I recently booked a LOB to Galapgos. I bought 7mm (thank you all for your help!) and it just arrived today. Unfortunately, I had to release my space as I realized I need a little more time for risk assessment for traveling during pendamic. The worst would be missing the boat if anything goes wrong.

All persons wishing to travel to Galapagos Islands must present negative results from a RT-PCR test taken no more than 96 hours prior to arrival in the Galapagos.

It takes 2 - 3 days to get Covid test results. No labs grantee to give the result in time. Curious to know how others make arrangement to Galapagos to meet the 96 hr requirement. It sounds doable if all goes well but can be risky and stressful.. Will appreciate if you would share your experience or suggestions.

Thanks!

In Seattle my family has had about 4 (free) PCR tests over the course of the last year. In every case the results came back in under 24 hours.

In Seattle my family has had about 4 (free) PCR tests over the course of the last year. In every case the results came back in under 24 hours.
Thank you for sharing your experience. How wonderful your family got results quickly! When you booked flights, how many days did you give for the departure flight from the test date?

Thank you for sharing your experience. How wonderful your family got results quickly! When you booked flights, how many days did you give for the departure flight from the test date?

I have not flown yet, but I am about to go to Mexico in just over a week. We'll book a test for 2-3 days before flying. The requirement for our liveaboard is a test within 1 week and a 1 week temperature log. Then they do another antigen test before boarding.

If I were flying to a location with a 96 hour requirement I would book a test about 36-48 hours before departure. It take nearly a day to get to Galapagos from the US, so if you don't have your test before your depart it should be available online when you arrive.

We're going in January and if the requirement still exists, we plan to either take the test 24 hours before we depart for Quito or take a test in Quito (lots of options with that). We plan to spend two nights in Quito to insure baggage arrival. For Equador, being vaccinated is enough to enter the Country. Trip insurance may help on the risk assessment side of things. Who knows what things will look like 6 months from now.

We're going in January and if the requirement still exists, we plan to either take the test 24 hours before we depart for Quito or take a test in Quito (lots of options with that). We plan to spend two nights in Quito to insure baggage arrival. For Equador, being vaccinated is enough to enter the Country. Trip insurance may help on the risk assessment side of things. Who knows what things will look like 6 months from now.
Like your plan. You may know this already - You can get covid testing at the Quito airport. It makes sense spending few nights in Ecuador. In my case I will be staying in GYE as I get high attitude sickness easily. Hopefully things get better and there will be no more requirements when you travel.

If I were flying to a location with a 96 hour requirement I would book a test about 36-48 hours before departure. It take nearly a day to get to Galapagos from the US, so if you don't have your test before your depart it should be available online when you arrive.
My fear was airlines do not check me in because I was going to book tickets from U.S to Galapagos on the same booking and there is a delay getting the test result at the time of check in.. Maybe I will be better off buying separate tickets for Ecuador domestic?

Have a wonderful time in MX. You sound like a seasoned traveler. If I can be any help, feel free to ping me - will be happy to share LOB/travel expeirence there.

We just returned from Maui with a 72 hour requirement. Walgreens in some states have a rapid test (the "red dot") which is hours. The "purple" test is 2-3 days but we got ours (as did most in a facebook group) in about 33 hours. THere are also lots and lots of rapid tests available, so long as the Ecuadorian government accepts them

Back
Top Bottom