Failing vision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
I own 3 masks I love and don't really want to pick up another. I noticed on my last dive that reading the computer was a little tougher then usual.

I don't wear glasses daily just when I need a little pick me up when reading.

Recommendations for my current masks or do I need to bite the bullet and get new masks with those vision enhancers built in?

Tbh I'd just deal with it. Turn up the brightness. Move it on your arm where it's a little closer to your eyes. Cup it when reading it.

They have stick on readers but I dont think that's what you need. Dgx sells inexpensive prescription masks $50 with prescription.

Sounds your on the dammed if you do dammed if you dont. GL

Contact lenses give me the scares :wink: I think its from some nightmare as a kid about my eyes.

Will bump the brightness and hope for the best.

Looked at DGX thanks.

My eyesight was the primary reason i bought a Perdix.

I wear glasses daily and have no corrective lenses in masks, the large screen on the Perdix makes it easier to read

Contact lenses give me the scares :wink: ...//...

Yeah, I get it. But you'll most likely get a newbie technician whose entire existence depends on your good experience and proficiency as to inserting and removing a little piece of floppy plastic.

It's kinda fun...

I own 3 masks I love and don't really want to pick up another. I noticed on my last dive that reading the computer was a little tougher then usual.

I don't wear glasses daily just when I need a little pick me up when reading.

Recommendations for my current masks or do I need to bite the bullet and get new masks with those vision enhancers built in?

Check the eyesight first.

Scubapro D mask has a lot of options I have one with magnifying ( 1.5) lens and another that I glued a small gauge reader in, I see much better for the most part with both magnifying lens.

if you really like the mask you have glue one of those glass gauge readers in one side.

Scubapro D mask has a lot of options I have one with magnifying ( 1.5) lens and another that I glued a small gauge reader in, I see much better for the most part with both magnifying lens.

if you really like the mask you have glue one of those glass gauge readers in one side.

Small gauge reader you can glue... Can you link a pic or place to purchase?

Back
Top Bottom