Lockdown Impacts / Implications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know that might be true. Buddy of mine on the island claims 27 people died of the vaccine but they keep it out of the papers because of the mayoral election. I tried to talk to him. He is in his 50 and has a couple issues.
I need to ask my friend if he personally knows anyone that has had problems with the vaccine. He never said anything about that. He does personally know people that have died of covid. Not people really close to him, but people he knows or did business with. I'm very sure his nephew died of covid in early 2020. Had organ failure and couldn't breathe. They were going to put him on a ventilator but he died before they got it done. But my friend doesn't believe that was covid.

I don't know the Mexican numbers but in the US twice as many people died last year due to heart attacks or strokes than covid. Yet ask the average person and most people won't know anyone who died last year of heart attack but will claim to have known quite a few people who died of covid.

If Cozumel is evading the orange status because the mayor is running for re-election, what's gonna happen after the election when he no longer needs to be so sensitive?

Reactions: BRT
Actually I think you mean cardiac and cancer. Covid beat strokes more than 2 to 1. And deaths over all increased like half a mil or almost 18%.

A big question is whether they'd let fully vaccinated Americans keep coming. That's still hit tourism...excluding families with younger kids. But it's better than no tourism at all.

It's very possible fully vaccinated are the ones helping increase the rates of infection.. just because your vaccinated does not mean you can't test positive or spread it. Yes, when vaccinated you are not in danger but other less fortunate unvaccinated are.

If vaccine rates are very low in the country, it might still make sense to continue restrictions until their own local population is protected..

It's very possible fully vaccinated are the ones helping increase the rates of infection.. just because your vaccinated does not mean you can't test positive or spread it. Yes, when vaccinated you are not in danger but other less fortunate unvaccinated are.

If vaccine rates are very low in the country, it might still make sense to continue restrictions until their own local population is protected..

actually the Israelis proved Pfizer stopped ALL spread at about 89.1%. And that was when the UK variant was primary. Further they are trying to study how actually infectious those few might be. Many of them they think might not work up enough ‘nose virus’ to spread it. The mRNAs are really effective. The news on them gets better and better.
And cozumel at least has offered Pfizer all the way down to 50 years of age.

actually the Israelis proved Pfizer stopped ALL spread at about 89.1%. And that was when the UK variant was primary. Further they are trying to study how actually infectious those few might be. Many of them they think might not work up enough ‘nose virus’ to spread it. The mRNAs are really effective. The news on them gets better and better.
And cozumel at least has offered Pfizer all the way down to 50 years of age.
Sure, but Mexico's population is currently at below 5% vaccinated, no idea if Cozumel is above or below that average, so someway off the quoted 89%.. the world can't open up till destinations are vaccinated as well not just 1st world countries..

Sure, but Mexico's population is currently at below 5% vaccinated, no idea if Cozumel is above or below that average, so someway off the quoted 89%.. the world can't open up till destinations are vaccinated as well not just 1st world countries..
I just spoke with my housekeeper in Coz. She has not had a vaccination yet but is hoping to get hers later this summer. She hopes her kids might be vaccinated by October...maybe. So while a lot of Americans might be feeling it's all good because you have both of your vaccinations, please appreciate that Cozumel residents are far from safe and may well require that you mask up...regardles of your status.

Well cozumel is pretty well open so that ship has kind of sailed? Cozumel was pushing the idea of hey Mexico get us more vaccines so we can be the vaccinated vacation island. It would seem to that they have had quite a lot of vaccine availability.

The islands numbers seem to be decent, the hospitals doing fine. I would guess they will want to keep working and making money after a very long dry spell.

please appreciate that Cozumel residents are far from safe and may well require that you mask up...regardles of your status.

i don’t think it is may require. They do still require masking up.

but don’t think it’s a gringo issue. The newspaper was calling out the ferry dock the other day for not telling people to wear masks. And then they ran lots of pic of locals and visitors not wearing masks. Most ironic was abuela with the family and the only one without a mask was grandma. But hey she could be vaccinated i guess.

what every the rules are, I am happy to follow them. And I get lots of comments on my ‘I got my vaccine’ mask.

Fauci: Vaccinated people become 'dead ends' for the coronavirus

Being vaccinated means you aren’t contributing to the spread of COVID, so whether you visit or not, it makes no difference to the local pandemic. It does make a difference to the local economy. We know so much more now about transmission and infection now than we did even two or three months ago. What’s the number one infectious disease killer still? Malaria. Yet the world got rid of DDT and replaced it with more toxic and less efficacious insecticides, and people still travel to endemic areas pretty freely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom