Lost my camera on Paradise!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a photo of my name and contact details on my SD cards in case I lose a camera, hoping that at least an honest person may return it.

I have done this on my GoPro. It is a brilliant idea I'd read about previously somewhere here on SB.

Sorry to hear this, I hope you get it back. Ona lighter note. Salvage rights and all.(too soon?) just a joke.

Wish you the best

Glenn

The last boat to jump after us was Scuba Do. Any help much appreciated!

If you use Facebook there is a group called Cozumel for Divers which seems active with a few camera finds. It's a private group you need to join to use it. I am watching it though & can pass info along.

Claim it on insurance.
I know that homeowners insurance covers such, but wouldn't the deductible make that fruitless? You know they're going to depreciate the camera, and if they do play, increase rates.

Trip insurance might cover it. This has to be the best insurance for such losses: Personal Articles Policy - State Farm®
I have a photo of my name and contact details on my SD cards in case I lose a camera, hoping that at least an honest person may return it.
That's a brilliant idea.
Protect that shot so it doesn't vanish when you delete all.
Atleast you had your name and contact info attached to the camera itself.
Did she? Hope so.

I keep my camera secure on a wrist strap until I am ready to pass it to the boat captain, and a float strap in case I fumble it so at least we can look for it. My bigger fear is dropping my pony on handoff.

I've poster this several times & it's still the best thing I know of. Besides having a sticker inside my housing my memory card gets labelled (create a volume label) by my computer as my Email address. Pop that card into a card reader & it comes up as a drive letter & with my email. I also photograph a business card with my name & address etc. I add another photo of basic info. When I get to Cozumel I photograph the front of the hotel, & because mine uses credit card style keys I photograph that too. I do that for every trip. I used to also add a text file to the DCIM folder but unless the card is placed into a card reader it's not visible using the camera to play back the photos on the memory card.

If you use Facebook there is a group called Cozumel for Divers which seems active with a few camera finds. It's a private group you need to join to use it. I am watching it though & can pass info along.

Im on the group and added it last night - but thanks for the recommendation.

I've poster this several times & it's still the best thing I know of. Besides having a sticker inside my housing my memory card gets labelled (create a volume label) by my computer as my Email address. Pop that card into a card reader & it comes up as a drive letter & with my email. I also photograph a business card with my name & address etc. I add another photo of basic info. When I get to Cozumel I photograph the front of the hotel, & because mine uses credit card style keys I photograph that too. I do that for every trip. I used to also add a text file to the DCIM folder but unless the card is placed into a card reader it's not visible using the camera to play back the photos on the memory card.

I have recently started clearing my card after every few dives, so I’ve been erasing that information when I put it in. I guess I should just take a picture of my information every time I start a new set of pictures. Good advice, that I wish I had kept up with!

I have recently started clearing my card after every few dives, so I’ve been erasing that information when I put it in. I guess I should just take a picture of my information every time I start a new set of pictures. Good advice, that I wish I had kept up with!
You should be able to lock or protect certain pictures so that when you do the Delete All function they aren't deleted. If you do an in-camera card format, however, they will be deleted.

I hope you find it. I once managed to get so flustered going into the water on a night dive (my second ever) that I put my fins in front of my feet but forgot to put them ON my feet. I realized that mistake as soon as I saw my feet go up into the sky when I rolled. The reason I forgot to put my fins on was because I was so fixated on making sure I had my camera and light both secured to me.

oddly enough I remembered seeing those photos BUT added a link there ONLY for someone to point out your thread. Anyway too big an effort to get it back is not a bad thing.

Re clearing my cards I don't do that until I'm home & the photos are on at least 2 hard drives. I have LOTS & LOTS of cards for my different cameras & learned the hard way never to delete anything that's only in 1 location.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom