Odd request. Looking to hire a diver to retrieve an item

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hahah this is a regular thing?
Some of us prefer to enjoy ourselves here instead of yelling about the latest snorkel design. So yes. It’s a regular thing. In the Pub.

Hey there. I dropped a valuable item in a local pond. Seems like an odd request but I searched around and people said check message boards and what not. I'm looking to hire a diver... I don't really know the going rate but I'm willing to pay what I would think is a decent amount for quick work. I'm about 20 minutes north of Boston. Any takers? Will give details via pm. I would imagine the job would take about an hour.
Can you validate the camera is yours?

Be honest... What's the going rate for jobs like these? I've already floated my number and even if I'm way over I'm sticking to it, more curious to get a gauge.

Be honest... What's the going rate for jobs like these? I've already floated my number and even if I'm way over I'm sticking to it, more curious to get a gauge.

I start by saying "I don't get in the water for less than $125" then we discuss the other pieces. Time, mileage, fuss...lots of things to factor in.

You guys want to make sure your dive insurance is still applicable if you are diving for pay.
From DAN FAQs:
upload_2021-5-24_11-39-46.png

And in the insurance handbook for your state, you'll find the definition:
upload_2021-5-24_11-43-14.png

This is unclear to me.....so if you are thinking of diving for some guy's camera and charging him for it, I'd check with my insurance carrier first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom