Personal pet peeve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ewww, you don't fly private.

Perhaps this one is also not a pet peeve since no one should do it: the person who stops just after they step inside the terminal when getting off the plane because someone is somehow there to greet them.

Because someone is there to greet them, they must stop in the middle of the path to do all their greeting and hugging while acting completely oblivious to blocking the other 100 people still trying to get off the plane.

This same issue applies frequently to walking in general. I always move to the side if I am going to stop.

Same thing with the a$$hats who stop their cart right at the grocery store exit. Or people on a one lane each way road who decide to go 25 below the speed limit. There should be a special place in hell for such people.

<<Same thing with the a$$hats who stop their cart right at the grocery store exit.>> Then you must love those who enter a parking lot and go 3 MPH while deciding where to park out of what's apparently an overwhelming number of choices.

Then the multi-award goes first to the slowpoke in the fast lane who goes overly slow when it's too congested to pass them, then speeds up when it opens up so it is difficult to pass them. The second part of the award goes to those drivers behind the slowpoke who won't pass the slowpoke when it's open or won't get out of the way so I can. The third part of the award goes to the awesome tailgater/terrible driver who is behind you the whole time 6 inches off your bumper from 60 MPH to 90MPH but when you can finally move over to let'em go, doesn't go any faster and just drives next to you.

I contain multitudes.

Sitting in an airport and being forced to listen to both sides of a conversation on speakerphone ... or FaceTime... or someone watching a movie or playing a game on their device without using a headset ...

Think thats bad? Try dealing with this on NYC subways every day for 6 years.

However... when the person infront of you reclines completely back and almost hits you in the face
YES.... I was on flight with a Polynesian Rugby team [no names of which team] the two in front of me did this .:sad2:

My noise canceling headphones takes care of 98% of my pet peeves.

However... when the person infront of you reclines completely back and almost hits you in the face. And leaves it there the whole plane ride... Those type of people deserve a special place in hell

I blame the airlines for that

My noise canceling headphones takes care of 98% of my pet peeves.

However... when the person infront of you reclines completely back and almost hits you in the face. And leaves it there the whole plane ride... Those type of people deserve a special place in hell
I use the nose cancellers to. Be sure to make sure they're paired correctly. I was walking through the airport minding my own damn business and trying to rock to AC/DC (good airport music) and, I could hear the song but the volume just didn't seem to be working. I kept turning up the phone but the music only got a tiny bit louder. About then I noticed the strange looks and realised I was blasting "Big Balls" from my phone because I wasn't paired. Oops.

I’d like to say that that only happend once but no... The other time was Scottish bag pipe music, which drowns out screaming babies really well by the way. Still, strange looks from people though.

Back
Top Bottom