Subsurface 5.0 has been released

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sadly, it seems that in current Windows there is some agent that claims the Mk2 before we ever get to access it. There's a very awkward and convoluted workaround where you use said agent to open the Mk2 as a drive, copy the .FIT files to a directory and then import from that directory.
What's most disappointing about all this is that at the time I implemented the support, a fully patched Windows 10 worked just fine. And within a week of the release, a Windows update broke things.

I can't use my copy at the moment due to the failure to parse message, but it's beyond my it skill level to know what to do to resolve.

I can't use my copy at the moment due to the failure to parse message, but it's beyond my it skill level to know what to do to resolve.
Well, one approach would be to contact the developers on the user forum and ask for help.

Ok I'll try that thanks

Would this solve the issue with drive mapping?
Home | MTP Drive

Yes, MTP Drive will work. The evaluation version has a file transfer limit which will be reached reasonably quickly though, so for prolonged use you will need to purchase a license.

With MTP Drive. map your Mk2 to a drive letter (eg, G: ) then point the Subsurface input at G:\

Alternatively, create a temporary location on your hard drive (eg, C:\temp\GARMIN) after you've plugged your Mk2 into a USB port, use explorer to navigate to This PC\Descent Mk2i\Primary\Garmin, then copy the Activity folder into your temporary folder. Your C:\Temp\GARMIN\Activity folder should now be filled with a load of FIT files.

Then in Subsurface, point your import to C:\temp

Hopefully that should work. From memory, the GARMIN part needs to be there.

allow automatic setpoint changes at specified depths in CCR mode

Finally! This is an amazing change!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom