Best Roatan resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My experience at Turquoise Bay Resort was excellent. The service was amazing and the dive guides were all great. We did not want for anything when we were there...which makes it about the easiest way to get in some good diving.

We enjoy Turquoise Bay Resort. We're going back in August for trip number 2. Clean rooms, smaller resort, quiet, no late night clubs. Good food, great drinks. Subway Water Sports is a great dive shop with some of the nicest boats I've ever been on.

What's best for me may not be best for you. I go on vacation to dive and relax and dive...maybe get in a few dives too...then dive some more. TBR is a good place to be.

If your hearts not set on Roatan, we just got back from Suncape Resort in Curacao and it was my best dive vacation ever.

Safe travels,
Jay

Jay, isn't Sunscape Resort a really large resort? Why was it your best dive trip ever? Just curious! I love Curacao but have only been there a couple of times when in port off a cruise ship. We love the small boutique type dive resorts

I dive, my wife doesn't, do you believe Barefoot Cay is a good choice, thanks!

My husband and I were at Barefoot Cay with another couple probably 10 years ago! It was lovely. Small, excellent customer service, rooms were beautiful, dive boats are roomy but not a lot of people. Our friend's wife does not dive and enjoyed it very much.

I agree with Jay on this forum - we go to dive, relax, dive, and dive some more. Eat, sleep, and dive again. We like a quiet place. We are not party hardy people.

Jay, isn't Sunscape Resort a really large resort?

I'm not Jay, but I've been and can tell you it is large, with the pro.s and con.s that tend to go with that. The main con. is it can be a bit complex to inform yourself about if you want to make an informed decision about just where to stay in it. It has a number of pro.s - nice grounds, our daughter loved the kids' club... While it's near Willemstad, rather than Westpunt (where the better diving is said to be), I found the nearby boat diving fine, and the location was near civilized amenities such as the Curacao Sea Aquarium.

Curacao Trip Report with SB Surge Jan. 2019 There are some photos in the report.

Jay, isn't Sunscape Resort a really large resort? Why was it your best dive trip ever? Just curious! I love Curacao but have only been there a couple of times when in port off a cruise ship. We love the small boutique type dive resorts

Its a large resort...just not during Covid. Still, the unlimited diving on the house reef would make it worth dealing with a full resort. It was maybe 1/3 occupied when we were there. Here's my trip report.

Trip Report - Sunscape Curacao, Ocean Encounters Diving A++++++

Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom