Any decent diving near Atlanta?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also, I'm looking up flights right now to Panama City. I don't need to visit friends in ATL when I can visit wrecks ;-) I thought to roadtrip/drive but flying/renting a car is much cheaper and faster!
For me, I'll say that if I were going to fly and rent a car I'd fly somewhere else in Florida with better viz and likely better variety of creatures (the Keys/Southeast Florida). PCB beats quarry diving, but depending on the day the viz might only be marginally better than a quarry.

But perhaps I'm biased because I prefer reefs and creatures to wrecks. There are interesting wrecks in the Florida panhandle region, including the USS Oriskany, which is said to be the largest artificial reef in the world. So if wrecks are your thing, you might love it. As for me, I'm still glad that PCB is within driving range for me to dive there on a long weekend (going this weekend, in fact).

That sounds so cool to me. Plus, I like the dark and low viz.

I'm thinking that using the excuse of wanting to visit and stay with ATL friends wouldn't probably work if I fly out and them leave them for a few days roadripping/diving.
I might as well just fly to FL! Though honestly, I was looking for something not-so-sunny-and-tropical. I enjoy my Florida dives but I prefer the tropical waters of the Eastern Pacific. (OK. Maybe we're not considered *that* tropical).

It was great for Rescue, PS diving training, recovery, low vis, drysuit, deep, cold etc training.

Back
Top Bottom