Cheap and Easy UV18 Lithium Conversion with some important UV18/26 information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Old thread, but important update. @Jona Silverstein is working with SmartDPV and at my request has put out a firmware customization in SmartDPV to allow their ESC's to be used with the brushed motors in the Mako/Tekna/Gavin/SS range. With volatility at SS right now as well as the general hassle of getting those ESC's as well, the SmartDPV offers significantly more customization options for the end user and is a significant improvement to those of us that want to keep these big old scooters around.

If you google Smart DPV, you don't find his company very easily, but a different one located in europe.

You have to google his name and company name and that will take you to his facebook page which has a link to his website.

Now they seem to list the controller on their site, but before I couldn't find it and sent a contact form which was never replied.

Seems they are too busy selling stuff to invest in good SEO, update their content on Facebook, or reply to contact forms...but atleast now you can buy the part: Smart-DPV ESC — ExplorerTechnology (explorertechnologyllc.com)

If you google Smart DPV, you don't find his company very easily, but a different one located in europe.

You have to google his name and company name and that will take you to his facebook page which has a link to his website.

Now they seem to list the controller on their site, but before I couldn't find it and sent a contact form which was never replied.

Seems they are too busy selling stuff to invest in good SEO, update their content on Facebook, or reply to contact forms...but atleast now you can buy the part: Smart-DPV ESC — ExplorerTechnology (explorertechnologyllc.com)

same group same product, @Jona Silverstein is the America side

same group same product, @Jona Silverstein is the America side
That's good to know,
I honestly thought the SmartDPV EU site was a scam, since it's just full of "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet conse ctetu" with a 350 euro dpv controller as only product.

I guess it's fair to say that SS has outdated website (and even scooter technology) too.

That's good to know,
I honestly thought the SmartDPV EU site was a scam, since it's just full of "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet conse ctetu" with a 350 euro dpv controller as only product.

I guess it's fair to say that SS has outdated website (and even scooter technology) too.

If you are part of the DiveX facebook groups there has been a lot of positive reviews on there, but since they were designed for the DiveX units they haven't really been heavily discussed on here, hopefully we can change that.

@Jona Silverstein Silverstein is easiest to reach via messenger. He has always responded promptly. I have installed the smart-dpv on my UV and seems to work like a charm. Very easy install and programing for brushed motors ,and seems to have the ability to monitor your dpv's performance on a chart after a dive. I did not get it into the water yet to test it live, but out of the water quick testing of user defined 8 speeds seemed to go good. So far I am impressed with what you can do with the smart-dpv,
-User defined speeds
- User defined click timing
-Battery parameters adjustments
-post dive performance charts on desk top.
Hopefully I will get it into the water this week to live test it.

I have what are probably 2 stupid questions. I have a UV-18 and it doesn't get used nearly enough because its so much heavier than the new scooters out there. If I shorten my tube, can I just install the batteries trim it and go? Or do I need the controller to protect the packs?
Thanks in advance
Andy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom