THE "PERFECT ( being horizontal ) TRIM" HOAX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice but I prefer to get them in the wide open water this at Pescadore Island Moalboal Cebu.

Near the end my dive buddy in the white T shirt and mottled fins.

I am in awe of your video, I hope to someday swim with these gentle giants in the wild. :)

This thread is still alive?
Nice let's put some wood into the fire..

I am nearly always horizontal. But I can go upside down or whatever if I want to.
And I don't care how someone else dives.
BUT!!!!!
Nealry all divers I have met in real life, who said they don't want to be horizontal, because they want to look in all directions or whatever.
Did silt up everything.

There are rare exceptions, but like I said: nearly all people who don't want to be horizontal, were diving bad for the given environment.

Diving in ocean coral reef is another story.
Dive how u want, as long as you don't kick corals.

But in lakes, or silty places. Stay horizontal, or stay 100m away from me, because I want to see something.

I had so many divers saying they don't silt up... Until I did a video and showed them. Most don't recognize, because the silt can come delayed.

So yes, in lakes I am one of the horizontal only guys.

I was called down about my trim last year in Palau. I was asked if I knew that I was about at a 45degree angle.
I replied that yes indeed I was aware of it. The 5 inch titanium plate in my neck keeps me well aware of it. Horizontally, I get a pretty fair view of the bottom, but little else.
Perfect trim is supposed to be an indicator of your skills. Getting out of bed, into a boat, geared up , into the water, and back out is proof of my skill level. I’ve been doing it for about 50 years. So, lay flat in the water if you want I do what I need to do to keep diving.
Sucks getting old!

Nice but I prefer to get them in the wide open water this at Pescadore Island Moalboal Cebu.

Near the end my dive buddy in the white T shirt and mottled fins.

I think there were too many divers in the water with this whale shark. it was feeding, or trying to, but the divers kept blowing bubbles into its open mouth. Be more conscious of what's going on, and keep your distance, as this is how these animals feed. You were interfering with its lunch.

SeaRat

I think there were too many divers in the water with this whale shark. it was feeding, or trying to, but the divers kept blowing bubbles into its open mouth. Be more conscious of what's going on, and keep your distance, as this is how these animals feed. You were interfering with its lunch.

SeaRat

I cannot control what other divers do and they were not part of our dive group. I like how people want to be the scuba police when they see a video. Yes lots of bubbles blown but don't worry this whale shark still got fed. :) As you can see I was not blowing any bubbles :)

I am in awe of your video, I hope to someday swim with these gentle giants in the wild. :)

Yes I have been very fortunate to have dived several times with whale sharks in open ocean.

I cannot control what other divers do and they were not part of our dive group. I like how people want to be the scuba police when they see a video. Yes lots of bubbles blown but don't worry this whale shark still got fed. :) As you can see I was not blowing any bubbles :)
A comment here on diving etiquette is not being “scuba police.” I have no authority to issue citations, but if I see something that I think is unethical, I will say so. By the way this is not about your video, which I really enjoyed, but about the behavior of these diving tourists that you videoed.

SeaRat

So yes, in lakes I am one of the horizontal only guys.

I believe you are not. I believe you could be one of the "adapt the trim to the environment" guys. In lakes, it is almost always horizontal, but not really always.

A comment here on diving etiquette is not being “scuba police.” I have no authority to issue citations, but if I see something that I think is unethical, I will say so. By the way this is not about your video, which I really enjoyed, but about the behavior of these diving tourists that you videoed.

SeaRat

Yes those divers were from a Korean run dive operator which is now out of business. Many Asian run dive operators and their divers often dive like this. I try to avoid them as much as possible. Diving etiquette is not something Koreans or Chinese dive operators seem to understand.

Back
Top Bottom