How much are the boat diving prices there where you are in FL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texasguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just curious how expensive is to dive from a boat, 2 regular dives, from your nearest operator in Florida?

Near me it is $80+tax. Was $67 pre-covid.

Now my local scuba store raised prices on nitrox to $10 a fill.

Still paid the same at my current job.

No equipment rented and a respectable tip 2 tank dive $100 -120

We are nearest to Panama City Beach, and in-shore dives seem to range from $84-$99 -- which may or may not include weights, but does not include tanks. Tanks are around $8 for air and around $12 for nitrox.

Further off-shore dives seem to be $10-$20 higher for medium distance, and maybe $40 or so more for way out there.

No rental equipment and for a 2-tank trip ... $91-$100 plus tax on the boats I use the most. They are still all running at a reduced capacity.

Pura Vida $100 plus tax (call to save the online fee) ... they give you a $1 discount to bring a water bottle ... $106 with tax
Jupiter Dive Center $100 plus tax (I also call) ... $107 with tax
Starfish $91 plus tax and online booking fee ... $98 and change with the tax and fee

Prices range from $70 to $120 without tanks in Northern Palm Beach County. Add $10-15 per tank if you need them. I have seen some operators offer weekday discounts on Facebook at times. They were running about $20 less before covid and I expect them to go up as fuel prices continue to rise.

Expect to pay around $100 for a two tank trip plus tip in Jupiter and Palm Beach. This price includes an in-water guide. Tanks are extra.

100ish to over 300 in Jax area. Depending on if it's inshore or offshore. It's a long drive offshore, up to 60 miles each way.

100ish to over 300 in Jax area. Depending on if it's inshore or offshore. It's a long drive offshore, up to 60 miles each way.

Here is SWFL charters run $125-$175. Near-shore 2-tankers are $125, off-shore 2-tankers are $150+ and off-shore 3-tankers are $175+. There are very few boats however down here on the SW coast (Lee and Collier counties).

ura Vida $100 plus tax (call to save the online fee) ... they give you a $1 discount to bring a water bottle ... $106 with tax
Jupiter Dive Center $100 plus tax (I also call) ... $107 with tax
Starfish $91 plus tax and online booking fee ... $98 and change with the tax and fee

my question is, how involved is the online booking process that an extra fee is necessary?

my question is, how involved is the online booking process that an extra fee is necessary?

The online booking services referenced are outsourced to a third party vendor (Fare Harbor is one of many vendors that offers this service). These vendors charge the user a small service fee for every booking. The only added value in the online booking process is convenience. You can make the same booking by picking up the phone and calling the shop to save yourself the service fee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom