Subsurface 5.0 has been released

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

allow automatic setpoint changes at specified depths in CCR mode

Finally! This is an amazing change!

Ok i cannot manage to find the option. Anyone can point me in the right direction?

Ok i cannot manage to find the option. Anyone can point me in the right direction?
This is well hidden in the user manual (as we thought not many people would use that feature):

"If you want the setpoint to change during the planned ascent at a specified depth, you can do this
using a "fake" cylinder that you add to the gas list: Give that cylinder a name of "SP 1.4" (or use
a different number) and set the "Deco switch value" to the depth at which you want to set the new
setpoint. This will make the planner stop at the specified depth and use the new setpoint from
there on."

This is well hidden in the user manual (as we thought not many people would use that feature):

"If you want the setpoint to change during the planned ascent at a specified depth, you can do this
using a "fake" cylinder that you add to the gas list: Give that cylinder a name of "SP 1.4" (or use
a different number) and set the "Deco switch value" to the depth at which you want to set the new
setpoint. This will make the planner stop at the specified depth and use the new setpoint from
there on."

Awesome that works great...I tried doing it without referring to the manual....that would have been impossible to ever discover :D

How is compatibility with any of these computers? Debating on a budget dive comp but also want nice Subsurface compatibility:

- Shearwater Peregrine
- Atmos Mission One
- Deep 6 Excursion / Crest CR4

How is compatibility with any of these computers? Debating on a budget dive comp but also want nice Subsurface compatibility:

- Shearwater Peregrine
- Atmos Mission One
- Deep 6 Excursion / Crest CR4
Out of those only the Peregrine is supported in Subsurface.

Out of those only the Peregrine is supported in Subsurface.

Thanks, that's what I saw on the site too but wasn't sure if others used compatible generic formats. I like Shearwater a lot so this probably pushes me to the Peregrine or maybe a used Perdix AI / Teric.

Mostly narrowed my list to Buhlmann 16 chamber alg computers.

Subsurface 5.0.2 has been released. A handful of bug fixes plus a neat new feature to support redundant backend servers - including an attempt to access one that geographically close to where you are.
Details in the official announcement

webpage download (Win10-64) only links you to 5.0.1... When you install and run it, it says 5.0.2 is available, but where?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom