Random thoughts on widening perspective as we learn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oya

Rebreather Pilot
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Are you a know-it-all if you really do know it all? :wink:

Interesting sentiment that I think most folks can agree with - but I wish you'd just posted it here rather than somewhere else with a link.
xoc-haha:
How many times have you gotten back onto a dive boat with someone who nearly killed themselves and you who proudly spits out their reg to say, “That was great!” Those people who haven’t been diving long enough to escape their complete obliviousness to the dangers they went bumbling through underwater.
I miss that feeling. I still love diving and the feeling I get after a dive. The feeling was significantly better/stronger when I first started. I remember coming up and being absolutely over the moon with excitement.

wish you'd just posted it here rather than somewhere else with a link.

Every time I've tried to do that in the past the formatting goes absolutely haywire and I have to re-enter all the line and paragraph breaks.

Interesting sentiment that I think most folks can agree with - but I wish you'd just posted it here rather than somewhere else with a link.
I miss that feeling. I still love diving and the feeling I get after a dive. The feeling was significantly better/stronger when I first started. I remember coming up and being absolutely over the moon with excitement.
Yes. A feeling of really having accomplished something. Then as time goes on you know it's just a hobby.

Yes. Most times it's a sarcastic comment on those that do not actually know it all.

My antique iPad usually,and in this case, crashes on links so I don't get to reed most. I appreciate a quote or two so I can keep up.

I still get that excitement all the time, after 50+ years of diving, so I consider myself lucky.

Over last several yrs I had visited a lot of lesser known diving destinations which I would had ignored it before. The diving has not been great as expected but I got the chance to experience something different above or below water.

It is just a recreational sport and never felt I have achieved anything to be proud of.

I don't think I ever thought I knew it all, but I remember around 50 dives when I thought I was pretty good.....until a very, very, very good DM in Cozumel said "you need to work on your bouyancy".....he was right.

I do notice my mistakes now and am more critical of my diving....it was nice a couple of years ago in the Philippines when another diver said "you and your wife look so comfortable in the water". I just smiled but I should have said "maybe, but you should see this DM in Cozumel."

Little wrong with this post. I dived from 1970-1980 in Southern California and did not keep a log. I restarted my diving in 1997 and have done a little over 2000 dives since, under a wide variety of circumstances. Personally, I learn something from every dive and apply it to my future diving.

Made 10 diving trips to 4 countries over a period of 15 months before Covid literally closed off SE Asia(Apr 2020). It is still closed unfortunately. Never been to those places before and they were all different above/below water. And every dive was a NEW experience.

Get away from your comfort zone and explore the unknown(other places). It is far more rewarding.
Meeting different peoples(bad/good), eating different foods(bad/good) just like growing up ie have to learn and deal with any situation.

Back
Top Bottom