signed up for advanced cert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scorcher

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi there,
So I have signed up for the advanced course (Padi) to improve and learn new skills. I can choose from several different adventure dives ( which won't include a night dive that's for sure :clearmask: ). However, for some reason, I am really nervous about the deep dive. The 5 dives will be in Key Largo, and I believe, we are going to dive Spiegel Grove for the deep dive. I just wish I was less nervous about it :banghead: Any tips?

I had the same feeling before my aowd..
It's not really that different. Relax and remember you can always call the dive if you don't feel good.
That helped me

I had the same feeling before my aowd..
It's not really that different. Relax and remember you can always call the dive if you don't feel good.
That helped me
Everybody tells me I won't notice the difference between, let's say 40 feet and 100 feet. I hope so.

Jeah it's not much of a different.
It's only in your head.

If you remember that you can always end the dive at any time it will make you more relaxed. Don't pressure yourself

Hi there,
So I have signed up for the advanced course (Padi) to improve and learn new skills. I can choose from several different adventure dives ( which won't include a night dive that's for sure :clearmask: ). However, for some reason, I am really nervous about the deep dive. The 5 dives will be in Key Largo, and I believe, we are going to dive Spiegel Grove for the deep dive. I just wish I was less nervous about it :banghead: Any tips?
Well, if you don't do a KL night dive you'll be missing out on one of the better dive experiences there.

As for the deep dive I'd request the Duane over the SG, but just remember, if you're breathing then everything is okay.

For an AOW set, I would prefer the Spiegel Grove over the Duane. It's my impression that that the current over the SG is less than the Duane. The SG offers more hiding from the current. A night dive on Molasses can be great, an easy dive.

Stay off the Dwayne and the Bibb. Changing currents, and the deck is deeper. As a novice diver these two can keep until your better trained. Bottom currents can come up suddenly and literally blow you off the wreck. Unless your competent in doing free ascents in the open ocean with currents, I would stay off them.

Agree with Dogdiver, from Captain Allison at Rainbow Reef the Duane is more out in the Gulf Stream so current is often stronger than on the Speigel. She never knows till she gets out to the mooring ball whether they will put the customers in the water on that one. I'd doubt they would run AOW deep there.

My AOW Deep dive was to 63 feet, but later I did the specialty to 130'.
Only advice is really watch your air as it disappears really fast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom