Cressi Leonardo PC interface help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mi000ke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just purchased the PC interface for my Cressi Leonardo (which I am starting to regret) and finally got my DC to communicate with my PC, but am having no success after a couple of hours of flailing getting the data to download to my PC. The DC is in PC link mode, the connection is active, I selected all the dives, I accepted the default folder name (cressi _logbook), and hit the download button. But the data is nowhere to be found on my PC.

I have searched the web for better instructions than the useless manual, with no success.

Can anyone who has done this walk me through how you get data to download, and how you create a folder (if that is required). There is something I am obviously missing - although what it is is not obvious.

I spent a career in the information system field, and this had to be one of the worst pieces of software I have ever used, and the manual would be good only for toilet paper, if it were not digital.

Mucho thanks!

I can't help you with Cressi's software but did you try subsurface software to use for downloading and storing your dive log? I use it with my computers (and school's computers) and it works well.

Subsurface

Pretty simple: uninstall cressi's crap software and get subsurface - it has numerous advantages and great features including that it is free and it works

I can't help you with Cressi's software but did you try subsurface software to use for downloading and storing your dive log? I use it with my computers (and school's computers) and it works well.

Subsurface
This +1

Cressi software appears to be written by someone using Windows 3.1 as it is so clunky and actually holds very little information in a way that is meaningful. It reminded me of something akin to witchcraft getting it to work consistently - not sure if it was the wind direction, lack of an animal sacrifice (or fish possibly),

Subsurface on the other hand is a breeze to use (it supports the vast majority of dive computers), you can use it to provide a full log including map, weighting, suit config, buddy info, air consumption, SAC rate, notes. You can combine dives into trips and even combine individual dives if it split them due to surfacing for some reason (getting bearing to shore for example).

Also another plus is that, being open software, if you find a problem or think about a feature that would be good and let them know, someone will most of the time sort it out.

Just wanted to +1 for Subsurface! I'd gone through hell with the stupid cressi software (I write embedded software for a living - things should not be that hard!) .
Thanks to this thread, I got subsurface! It's indeed light years ahead!!! :yeahbaby:

One feature, I especially enjoy, is being able to add media, like photos. If the dive computer and camera times are sync'ed, the photos appear in the graph and you can see at what depth they were taken. And should you forget to sync, i.e. change the time zone on the camera (which I've done), you can time offset the photos to line up.

Just wanted to +1 for Subsurface! I'd gone through hell with the stupid cressi software (I write embedded software for a living - things should not be that hard!) .
Thanks to this thread, I got subsurface! It's indeed light years ahead!!! :yeahbaby:

There is one thing that stupid cressi software has and it's the deco code running inside the computer. Someone pointed it out to me: when you step through the log, the NDL display on the computer pix actually shows what it was (should've been) on the dive. Subsurface can tell you what it would've been had you been diving ZH-L16 w/ GFs, but not what the computer actually showed.

If it ever comes up. I have some logs that I'm mildly curious about Cressi RGBM vs ZH-L16, but not enough to deal with their software and the need to manually step through the log to see the numbers on the picture.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom