Hi, I'm new

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all, I'm new to diving and the board. Just got OW cert'd 3 weeks ago, got a couple specialties and 13 dives completed right now. I've been snorkeling for years but recently decided to get to diving, super glad I did. Working on getting comfortable underwater and learning everything I can. Also trying to fight the urge to buy a full photography setup, because my wallet can't support it! Been doing motorsports photos with dSLRs for years, I thought that was expensive until I started looking at housings, ports, strobes, etc! I also need to learn what focal lengths, types of systems (mirrorless vs dSLR), strobes, etc work best. I'll cave eventually, until then I'm gonna lurk around here, seems like a good forum.

Hi! Great to see you here.

Regarding photography, I believe it's better to start when your skills are refined, so I wouldn't rush if I were you (you'll also have more time to save the money, which is better for your wallet)... but it's a personal choice in the end.

Have fun :)

Hi new, I'm Jack.

Howdy! and welcome from Texas! I agree, I would put off photographic pursuits until later. Unless you want to get a mounted GoPro that you don't have to think about much. I like experiencing the moment fully, not worrying about photographing it.

Back
Top Bottom