The Great Helium Hunt of 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's what the shop said it was when I filled them back in April. So I'm guessing it's shop price. It's in line with the fill I got.

That's what the shop said it was when I filled them back in April. So I'm guessing it's shop price. It's in line with the fill I got.
What shop fills trimix in Detroit other than me? I don't know of any.

The real question is how many cubic feet do I have to sell to my buddies to buy myself the T and a booster ?

I picked up a USUN with shipping and using the credit card for $1900

I paid 95 for the full one I have at home. It's a bit more now but not totally outrageous like I'm hearing here. If it wasn't for Covid and spending the last six months diving in Coz I would be finding out just how much. I placed an order that I didn't end up needing. 4 months later I got the call it was available but happily I was able to pass. fortunately I opted to buy the tank at the time so there is no rental for the T I have sitting at home waiting for me to get home and decide to go deep again.

How big is a T? (edit: I saw further in the thread it is 290cf) We pay NZD2500(USD1700) for a G which is 8.3m^3 which is almost exactly 290cf. This is why people do so much deep air in NZ.

Pick up my tanks Wednesday so I’ll let you know my gas bill. :wink:

Perhaps it is going to become more economical for you to use some of your extra scuba cash on a small storage unit in your vicinity or on the way out of town.

Cave Country Dive Shop in High Springs is selling helium for $1.92-- It may be 10/70 - I am not sure.

Does anyone in the MD, VA, PA, DC area know what a T bottle of He sells for through Airgas or the equivalent? (or if you can even get it?)

I'm not there yet, just curious.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom