Deep6 reg breathing wet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So to update. Followed advise to wet diaphragm before putting on faceplate. This partially helped and breathing was less wet.

I really focused on testing what could be causing the wet breathing.

Slow controlled breaths are mostly dry. If I do quick/harsh breaths it is far more wet. I was able to replicate this consistently. So something is causing water to enter when I try to pull a lot of air quickly.
My guess is still the mouthpiece...a small tear at one of the corners near the ziptie.

Deep6 virtual class on Regulator servicing might be of interest to some readers here. Contact Chris at Deep6 website about the schedule, costs, tools needed, etc.

And a negative pressure check with the hose input plugged has zero leak?

It's not a SeaCure mouthpiece by any chance, is it?
Yea I removed the second stage from hose and plugged it with my finger and don't think any air getting in, it feels like a vacuum but don't want to inhale too hard and cause damage.

Mouth piece is standard one that came with the reg.

Spoke with Chris on the phone yesterday and he helped me troubleshoot. Will try this weekend and report back.

Hello SG,

Seems to me that any conversation from a Deep 6 representative should have included, ''I'll send you a postage paid label, get your problem regulators boxed up, and get them back to Deep 6 ASAP''.

Playing ''hunt and poke'' on the phone with a customer, who may or may not be service certified, is not my idea of good customer service, but a short cut, in hoping not to have to deal with a problem.

Rose

Hello SG,

Seems to me that any conversation from a Deep 6 representative should have included, ''I'll send you a postage paid label, get your problem regulators boxed up, and get them back to Deep 6 ASAP''.

Playing ''hunt and poke'' on the phone with a customer, who may or may not be service certified, is not my idea of good customer service, but a short cut, in hoping not to have to deal with a problem.

Rose

I emailed D6 about a 1st stage reg that was acting funny (brand new still in the box but bought last year). It's been over 6 months since I bought it. D6 sent me a return label paid for no questions asked. I have decided (since I've taken the class) to open it up and see if I can figure it out.... but still have the return label if needed.

Just throwing it out there that D6 does stand behind their product. I'm sure if and when it comes down to it D6 will do just what you said no problem.

Hello SG,

Rose
That is definitely one interpretation, another would be that if it is a quick telephonic fix, you aren't stuck without your regs while they are at the vagaries of the postal system. Personally, I often have just such conversations with folks calling to ask about their reg issues, about half the time it can be sorted while on the phone without sending in.

That is definitely one interpretation, another would be that if it is a quick telephonic fix, you aren't stuck without your regs while they are at the vagaries of the postal system. Personally, I often have just such conversations with folks calling to ask about their reg issues, about half the time it can be sorted while on the phone without sending in.

RP,

Qualified professional attention, is always better than non qualified tinkering.

How much CCR instruction are you providing over the phone, to someone who is not CCR qualified.

A few steps down I'll grant you, but the same thing.

The last thing any professional should be doing is providing professional instruction to a lay-person over the phone.

Further, from reading this post, there would appear to be a part (thrust washer) that was incorporated in a later revision, that was not available to the OP.

Not much a professional can do to instruct a lay-person over the phone if a critical revision component is missing.

Manufacturer inspection/attention/set-up/bench test with the proper equipment, is the only solution.

In this case the OP is going to test his tinkering at depth. The last place a function test should be performed.

Rose

Back
Top Bottom