Reminder of boat etiquette as we emerge from covid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let's get back on track here. What to do with food scraps, banana peels, etc. was addressed early in the thread.

Be kind and helpful to all unless your helpfulness is getting in the way of the crew.

Put them in the ziplock bag you were so brilliant to bring to pack your snacks in. Crew doesn't have to deal with your trash, your bag doesn't get snack stank.

Don't bring nuts. Some people are allergic

Don't drink to excess. Don't be "that guy".

Don't drink to excess. Don't be "that guy".

That guy who has to pee all the time or that guy who gets sloppy drunk?

I don't think I've ever been on a boat with anyone drunk, much less sloshed. If I ever was, I'd take their reg away from them. Hell no, not diving with a hot mess.

That guy who has to pee all the time or that guy who gets sloppy drunk?

I don't think I've ever been on a boat with anyone drunk, much less sloshed. If I ever was, I'd take their reg away from them. Hell no, not diving with a hot mess.

Not saying that drunk/sloshed folks are fit for diving, but this is truly an issue for the captain/crew to address as opposed to a passenger/diver...if they are your isnta-buddy then you should press the DM/captain to put you with someone else or make the decision not splash if you feel uncomfortable if they decide to let that person dive even if it is with another buddy. No need to put yourself in the position of starting a fight or even a heated argument, pass that baton to those with authority over the operation.

-Z

The dive boat is not kindergarten. Allergic adults should be able to protect themselves.
Some people have severe allergies to where the presence of nuts or strong scents nearby will trigger a reaction.

It takes 0 effort to not bring common allergens, or at least waiting to open a bag of peanuts for when you're in open air and the wind will blow any peanut dust away from others

Back
Top Bottom