Reminder of boat etiquette as we emerge from covid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some people have severe allergies to where the presence of nuts or strong scents nearby will trigger a reaction.

It takes 0 effort to not bring common allergens, or at least waiting to open a bag of peanuts for when you're in open air and the wind will blow any peanut dust away from others
If someone is that allergic then diving with others (or at all) is probably a bad idea.
I have allergies, it is my responsibility to protect myself, I don’t put that on anyone else.

...I got Bangkok Women Really Are Fellas stuck in his head.

Now, I am offended. On multiple levels.

Breakfast with rice and fish. From an instructor who spent a lot of time in Indonesia.

As a guest, paid or not, I accept all the rules set by the captain.
I believe in my own common sense so make sure my behaviour would not cause any issue among the crowd. So far so good. And I have learnt to cope with others odd idiosyncrasy, no one is perfect(my standard). I couldn't care less it others brought in durian if that is acceptable to the captain.

Nobody will let a drunk get on a boat on a dive trip. If they do, get off the boat.

I should have explained the circumstances better.

I was on a liveaboard and one of the divers would start indulging at dinner and continue throughout the evening. Towards the end of the night he was very unpleasant and argumentative. It got worse as the trip progressed. By the end of the trip myself and others actively avoided him. In hindsight I should have brought it up with the Captain.

bruce willis ruins all films. still goes through my head before every dive. i like to show my dive buddy pictures of my baby girl so they understand what they're working for.
Well, I guess it is a little bit a matter of an opinion…
Bruce Willis Rocks Action Flicks is what I go over with my son predive, every dive :)

Don’t know if it’s etiquette but I brought donuts to the 08:00 manifest call last weekend and made it clear the crew eats first.

Wasn’t trying to butter them up - I like to be as independent as possible in and out of the boat. Just thought it would help set a positive tone for the day with the crew taking care of the vessel and divers.

I also think it’s helpful to highlight a good DM. I don’t wait for the skipper to do the usual announcement. If the DM is providing tailored support, I like to highlight his/her hard work on the way back.

BCD, weights, releases, air, and final ok.
Because We Really Aren't Fish.
Weird stuff, acronyms.
Can someone explain what BWRAF really means in relation to diving?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom