a person with blue eyes and tropical diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

as others have said, floppy hat and polarized sun glasses and/or really dark ones. I had some from a tech convention that were surprisingly really dark - and cheap so I was not concerned with losing or damaging them. Issue with wearing mask on boat (without hat) is the nice mask face sunburn - it's just not a good look.

I squint and bear it, wear my black skirted mask, or if the boat is suitable, wear my cheap sunglasses and leave them where I was...... I do go every few years of being really sensitive (ie needing to wear sunglasses indoors in certain areas) to no issues at all.

On boat dives I just look into the after until I’m on the boat. For shore diving, I keep a cheap pair of sunglasses in my BCD. Helps me.

Dark blue eyes, I squints like Popeye. Should really wear UV blocking polarized lenses on the water though. Underwater not such a big deal and it's just 3-4 hours of the day.

I have blue eyes. I grew up on the water & have always worn polarized sunglasses. This helps to keep the headaches away.

Wait..
Blue eyes makes more sensitive to sunlight?
I mean.. It makes sense, but I have never heard that before.

I have very blue eyes and I am also very light sensitive.
I only wear dark silicon mask and I am thinking about getting a uv filter mask like the Apex one for my next dive holiday.

Wait..
Blue eyes makes more sensitive to sunlight?
I mean.. It makes sense, but I have never heard that before.

I have very blue eyes and I am also very light sensitive.
I only wear dark silicon mask and I am thinking about getting a uv filter mask like the Apex one for my next dive holiday.

more sensitive to bright light which subsequently means better night vision.

Huh.. I have blue eyes and I'm sensitive to light levels. I didn't know it had anything to do with eye color before now! I guess I'll go find some reading material on the subject.

Anyway, I wear polarized sunglasses and wide-brim hat on the boat. SeaDive Rayblocker HD mask in the water, which I usually keep on my face while on the surface.

I'm curious what peoples experiences have been with diving in the tropics and having light colored eyes. I tend to get headaches on the water (in a boat) unless i have dark wrap around sunglasses on. what do people in my situation do who might be sitting on the surface waiting for the boat, want to dive a lot, etc. Do tinted dive masks help? thank you in advance :)
I wear a surf hat by dakine in the water and stay under the roof all the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom