What cylinder am I looking at here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SpecialTest

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm looking at the Faber steel cylinder on craigslist, but I'm not sure what one it exactly is. Ad lists it as a Faber steel scuba cylinder with a Blue Steel valve. Also notes it needs a hydro.

When asked, the seller doesn't seem to know much about it. Said it was made in 2007. He didn't know what size it was, but measured it and said it was 26" tall to the base of the valve, and 24" in circumference (which would be ~7.64" diameter). He also claimed 5,250 max pressure. (It's 3,442, as marked, right!?!)

Here at the photos:
kuWUMfd.jpg
p1rpmZD.jpg
ybW3WZ3.jpe
IILOjKp.jpe
ynvNkHk.jpe

I did a quick check and the measurements are the same as my Faber HP100. The rating is 3442 psi. To the left of the Faber sticker it looks like it says BSF100, same as my HP100 as well.

Edit the sticker I'm referring to is the "If its steel it must be faber" (or along that line); in the top picture.

Stored with gas in it? What's under the boot?

But does look in good condition on the outside. It's the condition inside that will fail the test.

I'm looking at the Faber steel cylinder on craigslist, but I'm not sure what one it exactly is. Ad lists it as a Faber steel scuba cylinder with a Blue Steel valve. Also notes it needs a hydro.

When asked, the seller doesn't seem to know much about it. Said it was made in 2007. He didn't know what size it was, but measured it and said it was 26" tall to the base of the valve, and 24" in circumference (which would be ~7.64" diameter). He also claimed 5,250 max pressure. (It's 3,442, as marked, right!?!)

Here at the photos:
View attachment 664491 View attachment 664492View attachment 664493View attachment 664494View attachment 664495
It looks like a 12.2 litre tank. Must be 300bar. The standard is 232 bar. Nice tank.

.7 litre difference. You win the booby prize.
what are you prattling on about now?

There are no US DOT "300bar" scuba cylinders and it clearly says DOT on it.
300bar is 4351psi

This cylinder is full at 3442psi

Back
Top Bottom