AP Auto-air Bailout spun off from mixed teams CCR thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Client

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread is spun off from @doctormike 's mixed teams CCR/OC thread

I have to be cautious here. It is almost 20 years since I did my course. At the time I am pretty certain that all of the agencies had the rule, if in doubt bailout.
I don't teach CCR courses, so can't comment on current course content. I would be interested to hear from anyone currently teaching CCR, if the mantra "if in doubt bailout" is still fundamental to entry level courses or not.

The big issue abut delaying bailing out is that the in a lot of cases on CCR, it becomes progressively harder and harder to get off the loop.
One of the reasons that BOV have become much more available, is that, in the event of a CO2 issue, paranoia and judgment impediments aside. The desire to take another breath is automatic, and it is almost (if not) impossible to suppress this desire to take another breath if you are suffering from CO2 issues. Hence the practice of getting off the loop early if you suspect you have an issue.

With MOD1, the depth and amount of decompression penalty incurred on a dive should not impede a relatively speedy return to the surface. So there should be little need to extend the available gas, or optimise the decompression schedule, unlike the situation when you are looking at MOD3 level dives.
I gather you are using an AP Inspiration with 2020 Vision? The only thing I don't like is the yellow lunch box and the Auto air-bailout.

I gather you are using an AP Inspiration with 2020 Vision? The only thing I don't like is the yellow lunch box and the Auto air-bailout.
Most AP divers here use a Gbox or similar instead of the yellow lunch box, pretty rare to see units with the BOV as well.
Not much left to not like really, lovely unit IMO.

My unit doesn’t have the auto air, it was replaced immediately. As was the original harness.

I have the AP BOV fitted. That can be connected to either the on board DIL, or the off board bailout.
Could you post a pic?

My unit doesn’t have the auto air, it was replaced immediately. As was the original harness. I have the AP BOV fitted. That can be connected to either the on board DIL, or the off board bailout.

I replaced the auto air with a normal BCD inflator, kept the original harness and have the BOV fitted.

:) posted to wrong thread

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom