What cylinder am I looking at here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what are you prattling on about now?

There are no US DOT "300bar" scuba cylinders and it clearly says DOT on it.
300bar is 4351psi

This cylinder is full at 3442psi
There is a subtle difference between your writing and my writing. Department of Transportation is probably stamped on every tank. We have the same 12.2 litre (12.9 litre for the one in the pic) tank with 2 different tank pressures. 232 and 300 bar. You can work it out in PSI. Divide by 14.7.

There is a subtle difference between your writing and my writing. Department of Transportation is probably stamped on every tank. We have the same 12.2 litre (12.9 litre for the one in the pic) tank with 2 different tank pressures? 232 and 300 bar. You can work it out in PSI. Divide by 14.7.
Mate there’s nothing subtle about the difference.

It looks like a 12.2 litre tank. Must be 300bar. The standard is 232 bar. Nice tank.
It's not a 300 bar tank. The 5250 was a test pressure, not a working pressure, which is 3442.

Sat with Nitrox for a decade at 3400 psi. Price was $125, outside looked immaculate besides some sticker residue. Seriously looks unused. Guy says he didn't use it much and hasn't diced in a decade.

Last vis was 2011, only hydro was 2007 when manufactured. Figured the price was low enough it was worth the gamble to find out if the insides were all rusted.

Off to hydro and vis later this week.

Currently bleeding the pressure to 200 psi... Will let the shop give me the news. Hopefully it's good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom