Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone reported the cost of the airport test?

Perhaps you are misinterpreting this:
(A) You can get in with ONLY a NAAT test within 24h of departing. Period. No more tests needed.
OR
(B) You need two tests: one is a NAAT test within 72h of arrival, plus an antigen test at arrival.
Several people have reported on the Bonaire Covid FB page that they have done (A) without any issues. One test only. No antigen anywhere.

That's exactly how I interpreted it :)

Has anyone reported the cost of the airport test?
https://www.tourismbonaire.com/includes/images/travel-requirements-merged.jpg

travel-requirements-merged.jpg

2020 was the first time in @ 12 years we have not dived Bonaire.
2021 may be our 2nd.
We are all fully "vacced", and honestly we can go elsewhere until the Netherlands and Bonaire sort this out to our satisfaction.

edit: and the US airlines. Right now they all appear to be trying to gouge customers.

2019 was the first time in @ 12 years we have not dived Bonaire.
2020 may be our 2nd.
We are all fully "vacced", and honestly we can go elsewhere until the Netherlands and Bonaire sort this out to our satisfaction.

edit: and the US airlines. Right now they all appear to be trying to gouge customers.
2020 was going to be our 10th year for traveling to Bonaire. We had 2 trips planned and of course both canceled missing our Bronze Ambassador status. No big deal I know but still disappointing on many levels.

Been watching the ticket prices and what do you know, I found a travel option that was priced reasonably. Clicked the tickets to buy, went through the process then told not available and choose another flight, now of course the same dates are almost 150 more for each ticket. I am so disgusted with the airlines I could just spit! :rant:

I don't think the prices are disgusting... The airlines have been decimated by the lockdown (and can't work remotely) like many other businesses. They have to start making up for their massive losses, and I am honestly surprised it's as cheap as it is (especially considering the inflation that has been happening). And the reason your ticket probably went up $150 is someone before you bought the last few seats in that fare class, thus causing you to go to the next fare class. Frankly, despite all the hurdles to travel; I'm just grateful we can actually travel their again.

But I guess this conversation would be better suited in this thread:

Airline Prices to Bonaire - ouch

I don't think the prices are disgusting... The airlines have been decimated by the lockdown (and can't work remotely) like many other businesses. They have to start making up for their massive losses, and I am honestly surprised it's as cheap as it is (especially considering the inflation that has been happening). And the reason your ticket probably went up $150 is someone before you bought the last few seats in that fare class, thus causing you to go to the next fare class. Frankly, despite all the hurdles to travel; I'm just grateful we can actually travel their again.

But I guess this conversation would be better suited in this thread:

Airline Prices to Bonaire - ouch
I guess it is possible that someone bought the exact same tickets at exactly the same time but doesn’t explain why it continued to show the original tickets available right up until I would try and complete the sale and only then show unavailable (unless I pay more). This went on for several hours (apparently I am an eternal optimist).

Looking at different tickets now but return flight is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Not sure I want to deal with that and it also assumes they actually sell me that ticket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom