Taxi from the airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The wait would likely be no longer than the time to walk off the airport and to the next corner. The reasons to walk out and get a taxi are to eat lunch at Diego's or to save a few dollars (probably less than $5/person). Or maybe to avoid sharing a van with strangers.
And of course reasons against it can include the quantity of luggage you have with you, the 200+ yard walk in whatever weather conditions exist, and any mobility challenges you may have. If what Diego's has posted is correct, it seems that a compromise has been reached between the involved parties to allow arriving airline passengers to catch cabs outside the airport grounds. Previously I had heard of occasional "crackdowns" to discourage the practice.

And of course reasons against it can include the quantity of luggage you have with you, the 200+ yard walk in whatever weather conditions exist, and any mobility challenges you may have. If what Diego's has posted is correct, it seems that a compromise has been reached between the involved parties to allow arriving airline passengers to catch cabs outside the airport grounds. Previously I had heard of occasional "crackdowns" to discourage the practice.

My plan in May was to arrive and walk to Diego's for lunch but it was raining hard when we arrived. Mission aborted. We've been there before but not on arrival/departure day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom