Diving watches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, Zoomer. :gas:

I'm an X'er. And i'm not wrong.

It's the wrong tool for the job.

Someone diving with a sub $1000 watch dumb. Someone diving with a Rolex Sub is just being a chad. Screams of "hey look at me, I'll dive with an $8000 watch when there are better options but I don't care.... i have money to burn".

I'm an X'er. And i'm not wrong.

It's the wrong tool for the job.

Someone diving with a sub $1000 watch dumb. Someone diving with a Rolex Sub is just being a chad. Screams of "hey look at me, I'll dive with an $8000 watch when there are better options but I don't care.... i have money to burn".
you don't even need 60usd to have the tools.
Diving watches

And it is not because the tools.are primary that it means they are not suitable.
It is not about the tools, it is about the slills.
Now I agree with you that diving with a really expensive watch is a bit too much but people are free to do that they want :)

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't own a dive watch, but I do wear my Perdix around town. I've found the velcro straps to be better for around town use vs. the Bungees.

Talk about an ego boost!

:)

I like watches in general, and I like to have a watch for all kinds of recreational activities. Maybe your dive computer is good for your dives, but a plain ol' watch will get you to the boat on time, is easy to keep track of when the divemaster says 'This dive will last 50 minutes', and will get you to the post dive meal and luau on time. Watches are good.

I personally like the Citizen Eco-Drive dive watches...they never need adjustment or maintenance like automatic watches [including Rolexes!], they are very accurate and economical, never need to be opened for a battery change or pressure tested after.

Get s Rolex Sea dweller. The crown is protected.

My "Day-to-Day" watch is a Stainless Steel TAG Heuer Formula 1, but when I go on a dive trip, it stays at home and I take an old Citizen Hyper Aqualand dive watch. It gives me most of the things that I log: Time in, Time out, dive time, max depth, temp. During the dive, it also gives me current depth.

View attachment 637955

I saw one for sale online recently and I'm considering of getting one. Besides of showing the current and max depth, I wonder if it will also display the average depth during the dive? I'm actually consider to use it as a bottom timer.

Thanks,
CW.

Back
Top Bottom