What's the future for Fantasy Lake?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lost Shaker

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, I'm very new to diving, and live in Wake Forest, NC about 15 min. from the quarry. So, just as I've learned about this sweet little practice pond, I learn that it has just been sold.

Does anyone know what the future looks like for Fantasy Lake Scuba Park? Specifically, will it continue to offer diving?

I guess this is not secret. Myself and 2 others were diving there on Friday. A guy stopped by to talk with us, he had been drone photographing us and wanted to ask if it was OK. He was one of the new owners, a family owned business. Himself, his daughter and 2 cousins are currently getting certified and other family members are already certified. According to him, they have great plans for the quarry and it WILL remain a dive park. Currently they are cutting the grass, working on the roads, rebuilding the fence and in general cleaning up the place. The current web site is going to be upgraded soon with more details (it recently crashed and they are waiting to get it upgraded before restoring it so that is why it's down now). According to him, the name will retain "Fantasy Lake" because it is so well known but will be expanded, I forget exactly what but something like "Fantasy Lake Dive Adventure (not exactly correct but you get the idea)".

Bottom line, according to one of the new owners, it will remain a dive spot and be upgraded so it's looking like great things are in store for the quarry.

If you are ever out there and see divers in the old double hose regs, come say hello. It's either myself or one of my buddies.

According to him, the name will retain "Fantasy Lake" because it is so well known but will be expanded, I forget exactly what but something like "Fantasy Lake Dive Adventure (not exactly correct but you get the idea)".

Maybe they'll call it "Fantasy Lake Dive Adventure...and... Authentic Out West Rodeo Re-enacment Adventure Show.

New owners sound like they are definitely trying to update and clean up the place. Im definitely looking forward to heading back out for a dive

I like Fantasy Lake, we did 2 dives there when we got blown out of MC. Had the whole place to ourselves. Glad to see it staying in business.

I was told you could go there anytime day or night, does anyone know if that's still true?

I like Fantasy Lake, we did 2 dives there when we got blown out of MC. Had the whole place to ourselves. Glad to see it staying in business.

I was told you could go there anytime day or night, does anyone know if that's still true?
close at 11pm friday saturday, and contact/call beforehand if you want to do night dives on a weekday!

close at 11pm friday saturday, and contact/call beforehand if you want to do night dives on a weekday!

Yeah, this is what I got from them... still waiting to see if there is a season pass. He said they were talking about it. I'd make the drive 4 or 5 times to camp there if they had a pass available.

I'm not sure when "night dives" would start, but it is an additional fee, where as before I think it was once you're in you're in... Idk though. I only went once..

Capture.JPG

Dove here several times this past summer. Even did a few dive last month with a bottom temp in the high 60s. They've really done a lot to make some good underwater attractions.

Great news! I had started a thread to inquire about the status of Fantasy Lake because this one was old enough I missed it. I truly wish the new operators every success. It’s a great training facility and is also good for someone who wants to work on their skills or just have a chance to blow some bubbles!
Froggie 🐸

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom