Feeling like a newbie again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did I say that the prices went up the past 11 days? Just sayin'.
I do appreciate your admonishment, daddy.
But that's okay. It gave you the opportunity to demonstrate your cleverness.

Yes, you did. "Prices have gone up a bit since Margarita died, but the family still runs the business." She passed June 6, 2021. Today is June 17. You don't know when or if prices have gone up.

This thread is really helpful. I'm such a worrier and I've been getting anxious about the money situation, where I should get pesos etc. I'm more concerned with convenience than getting the best deal. I guess I need to talk to my bank and see what fees they charge for using outside and international atms. I have pnc bank btw if anyone knows...

Silly question. When you tip for the dive, is there generally like a collection bowl on board the boat or do you give it to the people at the dive shop or your dive master/guide?

Silly question. When you tip for the dive, is there generally like a collection bowl on board the boat or do you give it to the people at the dive shop or your dive master/guide?

I just hand it to the DM as we are getting off the boat.

Varies from op to op. Ask the manager what they recommend. Fights over tips (who is supposed to get how much) are a big bone of contention among staff. So best to be explicit and do it the way the manager says prevents the least staff disagreements.

Yes, you did. "Prices have gone up a bit since Margarita died, but the family still runs the business." She passed June 6, 2021. Today is June 17. You don't know when or if prices have gone up.

I stand corrected.
I did not know the date of her death.
It has been at least two years though, since she was involved in the business on a daily basis.
My frame of reference would be in terms of year(s), certainly not months or days.
You win.
Congratulations.
Taught me to recognize my place.

I saw Margarita in the office March 2020, just before the beginning of Covid lockdowns. The next few trips, Angel told us that she was staying at home due to Covid. She a wonderful woman and was always a pleasure to do business with. I hope that the company continues to operate her way! FWIW, I don’t think prices have increased in years! The first time we rented a VW beetle over 15 years ago I believe it was $30. a day, maybe 5 years ago it went to $35! I don’t think there are many beetles left, we started renting 4 door cars a while ago. My husband decided he needed an air conditioned car!

I don’t think there are many beetles left

They won't be around much longer in Cozumel, I'd bet. The last factory making them stopped production 2 years ago so there aren't any replacements coming. Being around salty ocean air, and the beating a rental car takes anyway, I can't imagine they'll last too long. I'll enjoy driving them as long as ISIS has them, though! I got an email from them today that my convertible bug reservation is confirmed so they have at least one left! :)

They won't be around much longer in Cozumel, I'd bet. The last factory making them stopped production 2 years ago so there aren't any replacements coming. Being around salty ocean air, and the beating a rental car takes anyway, I can't imagine they'll last too long. I'll enjoy driving them as long as ISIS has them, though! I got an email from them today that my convertible bug reservation is confirmed so they have at least one left! :)
I don't know, they still have VW things (type 181) running around and production stopped in 1980(?).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom