Latest entry requirement to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please don't spread Covid-19 misinformation on the Forum...save your trolling for elsewhere.

Certainly not trolling - I'm not a doctor, just a normal person and this is a quote from the artical attached above:

"The World Health Organization (WHO) approved emergency use of Sinovac's vaccine this month, saying results showed it prevented symptomatic disease in 51% of recipients and prevented severe COVID-19 and hospital stays"

So tell me what the 51% means??? Does that mean it works half the time, because that's how I take that. Is the word "symptomatic" in there meaning something else, does it prevent more asymptomatic cases - I dunno, I just read the article.....

Some of the available vaccines in the US were said to be 90-96% effective..... Not being argumentative at all, not trolling....

What's it all mean???

So tell me what the 51% means??? Does that mean it works half the time, because that's how I take that. Is the word "symptomatic" in there meaning something else, does it prevent more asymptomatic cases - I dunno, I just read the article

Both Chinese vaccines have been approved by the WHO (as you note) and its acknowledged they are about 50% at preventing infection...but surely the more important metric is serious illness and death from Covid-19, at which they are over 90% effective (deaths basically 100%). Sorry if I was a bit rude but during a pandemic it's important that news about treatments be accurate AND COMPLETE.

Sinovac’s Covid-19 shot lowers deaths by 95% in first mass trial

This is all just a mess and we all wish we could go 19-20 months back in time....

Looking for some more info on differing vaccines (we have 5 I think here in Mexico plus I can go back to the US) I found this. A friend who is here now works for the WHO out of Germany and that was an interesting conversation......

UPDATED Comparing COVID-19 Vaccines: Timelines, Types and Prices | BioSpace

Govt blasted for jab delay

Same for many countries on the procurement of vaccine in Asia.
Malaysia, Philippines, Republic of China(Taiwan) and Thailand etc etc.
Incompetent politician factor. Period.

Placed the order asap and never ever rely on one source! No common sense. Awareness has no meaning for them. More interested on the kick back than the livelihood of their own citizens.

Back
Top Bottom