Foreigners not allowed in Sorong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not good.

As for when we can get into Indonesia to dive, we shall have to wait but I worry about whether there will be boats for us to take or resorts remaining.
One step at a time.
When and where is opening first for tourism? Highly improbable that the whole country will open at the same time.
I couldn't careless if Jakarta opens tomorrow while Bali, Flores, Manado and West Papua are off limited.
I would imagine it will take a while for everything, diving related, to be "normal" again.

I started seeing the next year trip schedule for White Manta is filling up quickly. So last month I went ahead and rescheduled our August trip to next year while there are still spots available, as I highly doubt that Indonesia will be open by August.

Sinovac... sadly not surprising. It's like 51% effective and barely passable by WHO standards. It is supposedly still 80-90% effective against serious symptoms/death, which I guess fit the above narrative. Blows my mind that here in HK given the choice(!) between Pfizer and Sinovac, so many people still opt for Sinovac. They should donate our soon-to-expire Pfizer shots.

I wonder what this means for Bali's supposedly July reopening, we're pretty close to July already and I still don't see any concrete details. Agree not looking good for this year. Glad I didn't reschedule for Dec 2021 and did mid and end 2022 instead. Although if only Sinovac is available, I'm not optimistic the situation will change drastically next year.

Sinovac... sadly not surprising. It's like 51% effective and barely passable by WHO standards. It is supposedly still 80-90% effective against serious symptoms/death, which I guess fit the above narrative. Blows my mind that here in HK given the choice(!) between Pfizer and Sinovac, so many people still opt for Sinovac. They should donate our soon-to-expire Pfizer shots.

I wonder what this means for Bali's supposedly July reopening, we're pretty close to July already and I still don't see any concrete details. Agree not looking good for this year. Glad I didn't reschedule for Dec 2021 and did mid and end 2022 instead. Although if only Sinovac is available, I'm not optimistic the situation will change drastically next year.
From WHO: WHO’s Strategic Advisory Group of Experts on Immunization (SAGE) has also completed its review of the vaccine. On the basis of available evidence, WHO recommends the vaccine for use in adults 18 years and older, in a two-dose schedule with a spacing of two to four weeks. Vaccine efficacy results showed that the vaccine prevented symptomatic disease in 51% of those vaccinated and prevented severe COVID-19 and hospitalization in 100% of the studied population.

You should know some of the reasons:
1. It was available first even before WHO has approved it.
2. BioNTec/Pfizer did not have a good start because of the "faulty vial" issue.
3. Until quite recently china did not recognize any vaccine other than their own so some people who have to go to china for whatever reason have no choice.
4. HKSAR Gov also played down the effectiveness of the vaccine.
5. Some peoples especially the elders do not believe the new technology ie. mRNA.
6. There is a large number of chinese immigrants in HK who still believe their motherland!

Covid-19: Hong Kong clinic punished for recommending foreign vaccine over China's Sinovac jab | Hong Kong Free Press HKFP

350 fully vaccinated front line medical staffs with sinovac were infected. What is the total number of medical staffs in Indonesia? Surely not in a million!

You can forget about Indonesia this yr.

You should know some of the reasons:
1. It was available first even before WHO has approved it.
2. BioNTec/Pfizer did not have a good start because of the "faulty vial" issue.
3. Until quite recently china did not recognize any vaccine other than their own so some people who have to go to china for whatever reason have no choice.
4. HKSAR Gov also played down the effectiveness of the vaccine.
5. Some peoples especially the elders do not believe the new technology ie. mRNA.
6. There is a large number of chinese immigrants in HK who still believe their motherland!

Covid-19: Hong Kong clinic punished for recommending foreign vaccine over China's Sinovac jab | Hong Kong Free Press HKFP

350 fully vaccinated front line medical staffs with sinovac were infected. What is the total number of medical staffs in Indonesia? Surely not in a million!

You can forget about Indonesia this yr.
Actually almost 1.5 million: Pemerintah memasang total sasaran Tenaga Kesehatan yang akan mendapat vaksinasi Covid-19 sebanyak 1.468.764.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom