Fin recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I currently own RK3s & love them for warm water. Nice and short and comfortable. They just feel good on my feet and good for different types of kicking. Could argue they're a little floppy but they're fine for me and pretty light for travel. The HD version is stiffer but heavier and negative.
I previously owned Mares Avanti quattro plus but prefer RK3s.
I sometimes use my wife's SP Go sport for snorkeling (bare foot as they'd be too small with my boots on) and they're pretty good. Would be tempted to get a pair for myself for diving purely cos they're lighter for travel, but no significant enough to justify the cost.
Sorry, haven't tried the Eddy's to give you a comparison but a lot of people on SB love them!

A live-aboard cost several thousands of dollars; only to have cheap fins break, and you sit on the sidelines.

haha. as i said, i have had these for several years. i use them in hundreds if not thousands of hrs of pool time plus a few hundred dives at home and abroad. never had an issue.

the tips are just starting to show signs of wear and split a bit. they have worked great for me.

I currently dive warm water in Scubapro Seawing Gorillas and enjoy them. They are stiff but powerful as people have said. I do feel that I am able to frog kick as well when I am gliding over the reef.

A question I have is, would it be worth it to also own the Mares Avanti Quattro Plus? I often read that this is one of the most well-balanced fins on the market but have not tried them.

Note for jet fin proponents, I intend to buy some jet fins as well!

A live-aboard cost several thousands of dollars; only to have cheap fins break, and you sit on the sidelines.
It's a liveaboard; I think if somehow the might of God resulted in your fins breaking, they'd have a pair you could borrow/rent.

Back
Top Bottom