¿ Insight on Delta Airlines return to Cozumel ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, you big baby! j/k But if it's too much pain for the pleasure of diving, so be it. If I tested positive, I would immediately get another test.

Seriously. Run some dirt, wash out the sand, whatever. It is NOT that big a deal. Go in thinking that and not crying like a little... anyway, I would NOT test again right away. Well, maybe I would but I wouldn't tell anyone.

"Yea, got the 'Rona. Gonna be sitting on the patio, looking at the ocean until they say I can come back to work. Hold down the fort and all... thanks...."

Could you shore dive maybe? Like wear an n95 down to the water where someone left you tanks? like under water HAS to be better than a measly 6 feet right?

At least once a week I go to delta.com and see if they have started flying direct to Cozumel. So far, all I get is this…

upload_2021-6-30_22-55-41.png

So disappointing. Whatever happened to supply and demand capitalism :)

Maybe mcpowell and I are the only people trying to get to Cozumel from Atlanta.

Maybe mcpowell and I are the only people trying to get to Cozumel from Atlanta.
Consolidation and buying out the competition. Their are no leaders anymore in most of these corporations, typically a bunch of MBA's making group decisions so no one is actual accountable for the decisions. Then there is also sometimes anti competitive collusion, been on a Cozumel ferry lately?

Wondering if anyone has inside information or even solid speculation about the return of Delta Airlines to Cozumel?

I think that Delta hired Cozumeleños with airline experience to staff their Delta operation so I am hoping that information about re-hiring may have begun to circulate. Grasping at straws here...

Thanks!
Paola Anschel (I believe you know her) has a friend who works for Delta. Maybe Paola can give you some inside insight... :)

It's still here. The recovery from COVID, such as it is, is still very new. It takes time for something as cumbersome, equipment and personnel intensive, and economically massive as the airline industry to react to sudden increases in demand. It will catch up.

I can tell you the supply of Southwest flights to Cozumel and Cancun is apparently being vastly outstripped by demand.....

The only way that might get Delta to consider returning to Cozumel, us if thousands of people hit them up on social media.

Back
Top Bottom