Roatan updates? What is open or what limitations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nquinn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm trying to find more information on Roatan / Honduras.

I see that I can enter using my proof of vaccine, but am unclear on:

1. Are any restaurants or bars open? It sounded like everything is closed. I don't need bars/nightlife, but want at least restaurants open for lunch/dinner. Cocoview is booked up so I'd be looking at smaller places + dive shops, like maybe splash inn or other places near west end divers.

2. Are there actually restrictions about shopping only once every 10 days? I saw reports like this:

Working Together to Protect U.S. Organizations Overseas

That indicate:

"Shopping and essential activities will be allowed from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. according to the last digit of an individual’s national identity card or passport number for non-Honduran citizens. " which would mean only being able to grocery shop once every 10 days? That just can't be right?

From US embassy in Honduras I see:

"During the week, shopping and essential activities will be allowed daily from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. without regard to identification number.

Businesses are only allowed to have 50% capacity.

Bars, nightclubs, gyms, sports complexes, convention centers, theaters, and educational centers are prohibited from operation."

So it sounds like until 10pm restaurants will mostly be open at 50%, and I'm allowed to move around for 'essential activities'. How much would they care about regular getting around town to eat & scuba dive? Doesn't really fall under essential.

I believe some of this is old intel.
Last I read there is still a 10 pm curfew, but the number days for essential activities is gone.
Surviving restaurants are open, not sure on bars. Dive shops are running.
I’m sure someone with specific, accurate info will respond soon.

I was there for 2 weeks in April/May. All bars and restaurants that survived are open. Only restrictions at that time was the 10 pm curfew and had to wear masks inside stores. That could have changed by now, though.

Right, the hard part is finding accurate information on the official rules! The data I pulled above was right from the US Embassy and my best attempts at searching.

On another Roatan FB group someone just responded and said the last-digit passport stuff ended last year, but some sites are misreporting it still =/

Basically sounds like things are mostly back to normal that survived but 10pm curfew is still in place.

Downside is that only like 6% of honduras is partially vaccinated and 0.6% fully vaccinated (source: NYT as of July 2021), so I pretty much have to trust my 95% moderna vaccine or whatever if I head there. 900-1700 new cases a day roughly across the whole country.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom