Off Topic birth control pills question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubMariner:
Ain't it the truth!

Of course non of this would be an issue if it were the MEN that got pregnant! There would have been a fast, easy, to use BC method that had NO side effects or in fact made you MORE healthy. :froggy:

Your sexist post implies that pregancy does not impact men. This is the furthest thing from the truth. Women can enslave men against their will and commandeer their bodies for 18 years into indentured servitude.

It is always best to check your facts first.

Remember, almost evey invention made to ease our lives has been invented by a man, not a fellow woman.

Mama Mynet:
Wasn't there a company that actually made a BC Pill for men? or was that one of those urban myths?

How could you ever trust that they actually took it correctly? How many times has he said "yes, dear" when you asked did he take out the trash...only to find that he didn't mean "yes I have done so" but "yes I know you want me to do that and I will do it eventually probably" :wink:

It's still the woman that has to bear the mistakes when they're made, so I for one wouldn't be comfortable with relying on a male version.

alcina:
How could you ever trust that they actually took it correctly? How many times has he said "yes, dear" when you asked did he take out the trash...only to find that he didn't mean "yes I have done so" but "yes I know you want me to do that and I will do it eventually probably" :wink:

It's still the woman that has to bear the mistakes when they're made, so I for one wouldn't be comfortable with relying on a male version.

You are too funny... Hence why I decided to get cut.... NO chance of a surprise coming along a few months later...LOL I actually know a few guy friends get snipped as well. Their philosophy was "well my wife/girlfriend was the one who had to go thru pregnancy and childbirth, the least I can do is get snipped"

alcina:
How could you ever trust that they actually took it correctly?

Because they can be forced to pay for 18 years for something even though it is solely "our body, our choice" unless of course it comes to the responsibility part, then amazingly it is now only half our body, half our choice.

How many times has he said "yes, dear" when you asked did he take out the trash...only to find that he didn't mean "yes I have done so" but "yes I know you want me to do that and I will do it eventually probably" :wink:

About the same amount of times many women said this time they are REALLY going to lose the weight :wink:

So you're saying a man doesn't have to work 18 years to pay for our body, our choice??!?!?!!!

I don't use birth control because I am amenhorric as I am a fitness bodybuilder/model and my bodyfat level is 8% which often causes amenhorrhea.

Well, if all men felt compelled or responsible for looking after their offspring for 18 years, we wouldn't see children living in poverty with their mothers.

Ask anyone working in social work, anywhere about irresponsible men AND women and they will probably tell you loads of stories.

One of the things I despised about living in the UK was that certain species of male who prioritised his rolex watch and expensive cars over their children's education and welfare. Only the Child Support Agency could catch up to this sort.

I would like to know, for each "responsible" man who gets blackmailed by a scheming woman to look after a child for 18 years, how many profligates decide they've got other things they want to do with their money.

Louie:
Well, if all men felt compelled or responsible for looking after their offspring for 18 years, we wouldn't see children living in poverty with their mothers.

Ask anyone working in social work, anywhere about irresponsible men AND women and they will probably tell you loads of stories.

One of the things I despised about living in the UK was that certain species of male who prioritised his rolex watch and expensive cars over their children's education and welfare. Only the Child Support Agency could catch up to this sort.

Same goes for women in the U.S. who have another child so she can collect a greater welfare check, AND collect from the father.

In the UK there is a great organization of men who are fighting against the woman controlled government that denies men the rights to rear their children and denies them equal rights. It is called Fathers for Justice. It might make good reading for you.

http://www.fathers-4-justice.org/

In the meantime, since someone else raised gender politics, I will wait for someone to make a coherent argument on why men should have equal responsbility if they have no reproductive rights and no choice even though it affects mens bodies for 18 years.

one4scuba:
In the meantime, since someone else raised gender politics, I will wait for someone to make a coherent argument on why men should have equal responsbility if they have no reproductive rights and no choice even though it affects mens bodies for 18 years.

Well yeah, men do have a choice. I just don't think they are thinking clearly when it is time to make that choice. Know what I mean?

suthnbelle:
Well yeah, men do have a choice. I just don't think they are thinking clearly when it is time to make that choice. Know what I mean?

So your saying that the sole reproductive choice men have is to choose not to have sex, men cannot choose to abort the baby, men cannot choose to have the baby, that all those choices only women get, not men?

Women have a choice too, to keep our legs together and if we don't, accept 100% responsbility for what is 100% "our choice" and 100% "our body". It seems as if you think only men should be choose not to have sex.

I think birth control pills for men are a great idea, it takes away the fact that women have all the power and reproductive choice but not all the responsbility.

They should change the slogan to "My Body, My Choice, But Half My Responsbility"

suthnbelle:

absolutely.

if a man wants reproductive control, he has two choices:

1. keep his pecker in his pocket; or

2. a vasectomy.

what is it so hard to understand about the fact that once the woman
is pregnant is her choice? she can certainly discuss it with you, and
take your views into account... but then again... she might not.

that's the risk guys take.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom