Santi E.Lite+ or Waterproof D7X

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hot2cold

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I've narrowed my choice of drysuit to these two. Unfortunately most "reviews" I can find sound more like advertisements. Does anyone have any thoughts on how they compare to each other for 4 to 16 degree (and maybe the occasional trip to 20ish) water?

E.Lite Plus

Products - Waterproof

Overpriced

Both suits are membrane suits so neither will do anything for you at any water temp except keep you dry.

Both companies make nice suits, but I am partial to Waterproof based on seeing/handling them in a shop, their suits seem to be made to high standards with good specifications...but they are a bit expensive, but Santi's suits are expensive as well.

I would base your decision on customer service experience in the case a suit needs to be warrantied.

-Z

in 20ºC water i only wear leggings and a thin skiwear type top to stay comfortable for 60min dives.
I use the Santi suit.

Both are high quality and overpriced. I own Santi and have many friends who dive Waterproof. Waterproof does not offer custom fit and often their suits are too baggy in the torso and lower legs which can make buoyancy and trim frustrating. If you fit off the peg well that’s not an issue. Santi’s pockets are more functional as well but that's not a deal-breaker. Finally, Waterproof seems to place their valves more forward on the upper arm which make venting a bit more frustrating when in trim. Very few tech divers opt for Waterproof where I live but they seem popular with the rec crowd.

Trying some cpr on this thread,

How would this compare to for example a bare x mission?
My lds on stocks waterproof drysuits and i am looking to get one (netherlands) but i have 0 experience with drysuits. Do far i've found it to be the single toughest piece of equipment to get any decent knowledge on..

If you can buy a Waterproof that is a good fit for you, then you can't go wrong. They are very high quality and more durable than Santi by a long shot. I have two Waterproof D1X suits that I love. My wife has an off the shelf Santi e.motion and a custom Bare neoprene suit. She like the fit of the Santi over the Bare by a large margin.

If you can buy a Waterproof that is a good fit for you, then you can't go wrong. They are very high quality and more durable than Santi by a long shot. I have two Waterproof D1X suits that I love. My wife has an off the shelf Santi e.motion and a custom Bare neoprene suit. She like the fit of the Santi over the Bare by a large margin.
Thank you, that's valuable info!

I can indeed buy the santi and some bare variants for roughly the same amount (2300-2400 euros) and the difference on paper are very subjective. The only thing i've setteled on so far is i think i'd like silicone seals, a front zip and i'd rather spend a little more than buy another in a year.

Trying some cpr on this thread,

How would this compare to for example a bare x mission?
My lds on stocks waterproof drysuits and i am looking to get one (netherlands) but i have 0 experience with drysuits. Do far i've found it to be the single toughest piece of equipment to get any decent knowledge on..
I spent 3 years with a D7X Nylotech and while I never had any problems with it (broke a zipper, but that was 100% my own fault), I would not recommend it to anyone unless it's the only choice available.

It definitely felt like it restricted my movement a lot more than my current Santi does.
The placement of the dump valve is beyond stupid making it a bit of a hassle to dump suit gas easily.
Those are the two main issues I had with it, the dump valve issue being the by far most annoying one.
One thing I absolutely loved about it though was how tough it was, I abused the **** out of it over the 3 years I had it and it just worked, never had a leak or any other issues due to wear and tear.

Back
Top Bottom