Best 2" webbing waist mountable knife for cutting webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At the risk of completely derailing your topic, here is a pic of my current harness. I called them sliders because that’s the name used on the website but they are not sliders as you use it. Sorry for the confusion.
Got it, i was confused. thought you was talking about the plastic things i ordered.

I think its because i have a stiffer type of webbing that its so hard to cut, i assume the more flexible halcyon webbing would be much easier to cut
Tried cutting through some stiff webbing, two swipes only, to see how far a few [of my many 'cutting tools'] cut.
The Mares [letter opener] cuts fishing line easy, webbing not so, the best in this shot is the Victorinox kitchen knife, the big yellow monster next [just too big] , the Scubapro titanium was OK and 20 times the price.
Always carry at least 2 knifes, the kitchen knife goes on all dives and mix and match the others
I had the webbing in a vice, pulled tight and took two swipes to see what would happen.
Too much time on my hands.:cool:
I have box of other knifes, not used but can't sell.
20210718_100501.jpg
20210718_100527.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom