I lost my PLB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bought one of these for my Nautilus Lifeline Marine Rescue GPS , $50 off, could not resist.
Just to be sure. I have an other GPS for "going Bush".
Oh, with the Nautilus you could take an eye out, Be cautious when removing antenna retainer. The antenna may spring out rapidly.
View attachment 670834
Nautilus MRG is waterproof up to 425 feet depth. You don’t need a canister for it. I took it down to 145 feet depth without any problem.

Nautilus MRG is waterproof up to 425 feet depth. You don’t need a canister for it. I took it down to 145 feet depth without any problem.
Yes, I did my research on it before buying it, and the O rings , internal and the one on the cap look sound, so I will take your advice, I have yet to go past 27m with it [where 99.99% of my diving is < 30m for this old guy now].
20210722_065459.jpg 20210722_065549.jpg

My ACR-2922 arrived today! Got it registered and warranty info filed with the manufacturer. They are difficult to find with the ongoing chip shortage. The usual stores that show up on a google search all seem to have them on backorder, which gets extended on waiting orders, but I found an authorized dealer on Ebay that has some. The 425 View is fancy. I need to read the manual, learn the details including the items included, then stash it in my car console.

My Custom Divers canister is slowly working its way here, after taking a week to get from Heathrow Airport, UK to Chicago. It's spent the last week getting to Kansas City then beyond. I guess it'll get in Texas any day now. It'll be good to have the unit ready to go to Cozumel in a few weeks.

No response from United airlines on my complaint about arriving on Roatan island 24 hours late after the way they jerked us around, nor my trip insurance claim. It's not surprising that they're taking their sweet time.

And my Custom Divers canister finally arrived. It only took a little more than three weeks from England, the PLB fits nicely, and the keyring hole will make it easy to hang from a D-ring on my BC with a bolt snap. $126 USD including shipping. I like the double O-rings on the unit. I ordered a spare pair, but I really should have bought a few more.

I think that the usual sites that sell ACR PLB have restocked now. If you can't find one tho, this site is an authorized dealer with the 400 model in stock. He has a couple of new ones and three new open-box models. ACR ResQLink PLB400 791659029213 | eBay and ACR ResQLink 400 SOS Personal Locator Beacon with GPS (Model: PLB-400) OPEN BOX 791659029213 | eBay

If anyone with a Hdvseatek canister would like an O-ring, I have one new one leftover. PM me your address.

I carried my new PLB and canister on every of my Cozumel trip last month, and the new combo worked great. Didn't leak a drop. The O-rings need to be replaced every year or two, but I bought a spare pair so they should get me thru the rest of my diving years. It's getting the bags to the airport, then the hotel that makes me I am getting too old for this, but I guess I am okay for a while yet.

I filed a claim with my trip insurance on this separately from the lost day claim - which they denied on technicalities, they asked for documentation of reports I filed, and I explained that I reported it to the resort verbally and by email - forwarding copies of the email. I feared that would fail too, but I just got a $318 check. A nice surprise as that really covers my original costs on the eight year old PLB and canister. The new ACR-425 View is fancier, and the new canister is nicer, and they certainly cost more than my original combo eight years ago so I'm out $142 on that upgrade. All in all, pretty nice.

I still think that my trip insurance should have paid on the lost day, but I don't see much of a fight there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom